Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Living with Characters

For Christmas this last year, my mother-in-law made us a sign for our living room that says:  "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!"

And all too quickly we have managed to make it one of our family mottoes.  Living in the Nutshell, as I like to call our little student cave apartment, is well... let's just say there is never a dull moment here.  But then again, most homes with young kids dwelling within are pretty much as hectic as ours is... except one thing.  We are one big group of weirdos here, and anything can happen when people like us live together in confined spaces.

Don't get me wrong, I like being weird.  Seriously, it makes me different than anyone else.  I don't care if people think I am a big nut, because I proudly admit that I am!  However, I have to wonder, if my nuttiness is rubbing off too much on the kiddos... and even a little on Ben.

For example, sometimes they pretend to be asleep when I walk into the room, as to get out of chores:
Fakers!

And one day, Ben took the window out to clean it, and the boys started making poses.  It took us a few minutes to realize, that they were being Buzz Lightyear "in a box."

They may be funny little men, but honestly, I wouldn't have them any other way!!

I mean, who wants boring kids? What fun would that be??

6 comments:

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

ok you've got the funniest bunch ever! ha ha
when my oldest was little (back when the 1st toy story came out) he wore his buzz lightyear ccotume everywhere and all the time...even in the texas summers...needless to say that thing was stinky and dirty by the end of the year! ha ha
love little boys!

Otter Thomas said...

They are creative not weird. I agree 100% that it is fun to have kids that are "individuals". Personality is a lot of fun.

Jill said...

You + Daddy Nut = some pretty funny nutty kids. :)

natalee said...

LOL.. i love that they have matching shirts.. I do the same to all 3 of mine

Our Family said...

They are pretty good fakers. :o)

Amy said...

Awesome! Hilarious! Love the buzz light year poses!! They are SOO clever!! I will never forget the good old days when we would "be asleep!" whenever someone walked into the room! Oh the funny things we got from mom that never gets old...:)