Tuesday, March 9, 2010

He's Back!!!

Have you missed me? I want to apologize for my little vacation away from the computer. Actually, I'm not too sorry, because I had a great weekend! We were really... busy... catching up and playing around.

We had a great weekend!

We love having our big man home again. The boys won't let him out of their sights. They are so afraid he is going to leave again. I don't blame them, I still can't believe he is home to stay. We missed him so badly!

Ben's plane was scheduled to come in late Friday night. Which gave me a little anxiety because the boys go to bed at 7 ish every night. So I thought, we'll make tonight special. So I told them they can wear their jammies in the car and we'll go and get Daddy. This created a lot of excitement! The boys were jabbering in the car for the first half an hour all about going to get daddy.

Nephi zonked out in the first half hour.

Sam held held out for as long as he could... and passed out after about an hour. So by the time we made it to the airport 2 hurs later, the boys were snoring... deeply.

Ben called me just as we were pulling in saying that they landed early and he was just getting off. Ahhh! "Walk slow!" I told him, we still needed to park.

"Wake up, boys!" I started to call as I scanned for a parking place. No budge.

"WAKE UP!! WE'RE HERE!! Daddy's home! We got to go get him!"

Still, snoring away. No movement.

I had to actually nodge them a few times, and in Nephi's case, give him some tickles, to get them to wake up.

They were like zombies as I hauled them into the airport. When we got to the waiting area, Sam feel to the ground and went back to sleep. Typical.

But they really perked up when Daddy started coming down the escalator.
(Not the greatest picture, but you can see him coming down the elevator. The people in front of me were also waiting for a soldier.)

I wanted to take more pictures, but it was hard just being me and the boys, and my camera had a hard time focusing for some reason in the airport.

But the boys went to their daddy anyway...Here we are waiting for Ben's bags. We'll Sam in his Space Ranger jammies and moon boots anyway.And I couldn't post this post without a shot of the two of us together. I snaped this yesterday.This weekend has been a dream. We have done things we never have before like going on a family run, boys in the jogging stroller, and us running together. SO FUN! It's amazing to me how much we have all grown, yet at the same time are still the same. We are a different family, but much, MUCH happier!

I am very happy and excited to start our new life together! It's going to make a great journey!!

7 comments:

Hilarious Homemaker said...

So glad to see everything worked out! I was thinking and praying for you all weekend.
God Bless ALL of you for the sacrifices you had to make.

Kelly Dawn said...

YEAH!!!! so glad to see daddy is home!! so where do we go from here?

Meagan and John said...

oh, that brought tears to my eyes--and I have to know, where did you get those jammies, Dominic would love a pair like that

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh yea!!!!! That is so awesome!! So happy he's home with you, this was such a great post!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

This is soooo wonderful! I'm so glad he is home! I can't imagine how hard it has been all this time he has been away.

But, you have kept your spirits up and done great with the boys.

Just fabulous! Again, I am soooooooo happy for y'all!

Single Mama NYC said...

I'm sitting here with a smile on my face and tears in my eyes. This is wonderful to read, thank you so much for sharing.
Sorry for being away for so long, I've been going through, well, a lot. Will email you soon.
My heart is bursting with joy for you and Ben, and the boys too. You're such an amazing family, God bless you!
XOXO!!!

Valerie said...

So glad you are all together again! My dad was in the army and it was always hard for us children when he left, even if it was just for a few weeks. No doubt it was more difficult for my mother. Thanks to your husband, you and your children for your sacrifices for our country!!!!! (I found you on Mormon Moms Who Blog.)