Monday, February 8, 2010

What Lurks in the Fridge...

Trust me, you don't want to know!

The Nutshell doesn't have a garbage disposal. I know, one of the worst things ever! Bad and left over food GROSS ME OUT! And that's on a good day... I won't even tell you how I feel about it when I am pregnant!!

Ben was the official garbage disposal when he was home. It didn't gross him out... brave, brave man. But now I am left to the job.

So don't look in my fridge.

I have many scary things lurking there.

I am just too afraid to open and get rid of them. I don't want to see it, smell it, or even know it is there! The very thought of having to clean it out makes me shiver, cry, and even pull my hair out! I can't just dump it in the sink, either. It all has to be spooned into plastic baggies... AHH!! Just the thought makes me want to dispose of my breakfast!

But now there is no more room in my fridge! It is full! And only 40% of its contents are edible.

So now, I have to armor up and take it on.

My mission today: Take on the fridge.

I can do this... I KNOW I can...

Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Our Family said...

You can do it!

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

well you've inspired me to make my fridge sparkle today too! trash day is tomorrow so perfect timing!

Heather @ Two Little Monkeys said...

I hate to think what could be in mine. Good luck!

Lydia said...

I start by putting left overs in baggies then I don't have to do anything but trash them when they go bad.

Good luck

Meagan and John said...

I like to think of it this way--the fuller a fridge is the less money it costs to keep it cool, so right now your fridge must be the most energy efficient one around, why worry about cleaning it?

I try to keep ours pretty clean only because I once had a crock pot bust when it sat in our fridge for too long years ago and that mess was enough to teach me my lesson, and yes, of the 5 adults living in the house at the time, it was me who was nominated to clean it up :)

Good luck, today I took on the bathroom closet!!!! and all the expired medicine, I really hope no one goes through my trash can!

Heather @ Two Little Monkeys said...

I have a award for you :)

Ana said...

We don't have a garbage disposal either, and I miss it so much! My big problem with it, though, is all the gunk that collects in the drain. I can't stand touching that stuff to throw it away.

I'm curious why you need to bag it, though. As long as it isn't soup or anything, we just dump it straight into the garbage. I haven't had any leakers in four months, so I think it's working. Also, if it's soup or something akin to that, we flush it. Whether that's sanitary or not, I have no idea, but it's what my mother always did when we were growing up so I am continuing the habit.

Kelly Dawn said...

Mine is broken at the moment and I ready to pull my hair out :) I have a strainer that fits in that side of the sink so all the food doesnt stop up the sink - and I dump most food in the trash unless it is liquid :) Wayne needs to fix my garbage disposal this weekend dammit....

Kelly