Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Run

It's hard to believe that this is my LAST Saturday post before Ben comes home!! Woot Woot! That's right everyone, my man is coming home next Friday! It's been 9 long months, and I can hardly wait to just be mom and wife again. Being mom AND dad is no fun at all. Besides, I never have gotten used to sleeping alone...

Yesterday, I felt this new surge of energy that popped up with the sun. It seems I haven't seen my big bright friend in a long time. Winter up here can be so cold and dreary. I am so ready for spring!

Anyway, I thought that it was finally warm enough to put the boys in the jogging stroller and go for my first run out doors. I was so excited! I even wore a cute little running outfit that I put together.(Sorry about the quality of the picture. I took it in a dirty mirror and it distorted my face a little... I think...)

Would you believe me if I told you I haven't worn that jacket since high school!? So true. In fact, I don't even think it's mine... hmmm... did I nick it from baby sis? Oh, well. That was like 12 years ago.

It would be a vast understatement to say the boys were THRILLED when I pulled out the stroller, tucked them in with blankets and goodies, and off we went!

Now have you ever felt like a prisoner before? And I don't mean literally. I mean trapped in your own body, whether with physical illnesses, impairments, and/or a disability? I have. For several years I had felt like a prisoner in my own flesh. Trapped inside an obese body that looked nothing like the person I felt I was inside.

I worked out, ate all the things I should have and the weight just wouldn't come off. I was miserable and near accepting that I would always be a fat person. I used to tell people that I was a fit person trapped in a fat suit with no zipper. I was a prisoner in every sense of the word.

Today, when I walked outside, and I felt the sun on my face, it felt great! And then I just started running. And I went and went. I even tackled hills for the first time. All the while pushing my little guys right along with me... who only after a few minutes zonked out -- which made my run VERY peaceful.

If you saw a blond running, pushing a jogging stroller with a huge smile on her face, that was me. I couldn't stop smiling. With the sun shining down on me, my legs not tiring from the run, I felt, for the first time since I can remember, free. Free from the prison I have lived in for so long! Free from that weight that made me so tired and sluggish all the time. I was alive! And I was happy! And my man is coming home next week! I had every reason for feeling GREAT! I felt like Mel Gibson running into battle yelling, "FREEEEDOMMMM!!"

I'll tell you, I experienced true joy yesterday... and I can't wait to feel that way again! Have a great weekend everyone!

10 comments:

DaveandRuth said...

Have a wonderful weekend!!! Friday will be here in a flash!

Lisa said...

I'm so happy for you. What an inspiration you have been to me through these months of your weight loss success.

Amy said...

THIEF!!! LOL saw the picture and was like, hey, that is MY jacket!! I haven't seen it for ages... ahem.. now I know why!!! :) Looks great on ya sis!

Amber Lynae said...

That is great Cat. You have worked hard for that happiness. You deserve it.

And I am glad you get to be a mom and wife instead of mom and dad. I am certain it has not been fun at all.

Tiffany J said...

What an uplifting post! I am so excited for you to have your husband home, I have a hard time going 2 days without mine, I don't know if I'd have the strength to go 9 months. I definitely wouldn't get any sleep, the whole sleeping alone thing isn't something I do well after 4 yrs of marriage! Happy Happy Happy for you :D

Anonymous said...

Now that was a GREAT post!!Freedom is a great feeling!

Cynthia said...

I cannot tell you how much this post makes me smile. I am so proud of you! Ben is going to be SUPER excited to see you!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

That is so awesome!!! Looks like you got the zipper down just fine to me--you look A-MAY-ZING!!!!!!!! Love your little jogger outfit!

Our Family said...

That's awesome!

Jenna said...

You look AMAZING!! (I'm running off to read your weight loss tips RIGHT NOW!)