Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Mysterious "Icky Louse"

Last night when I told the boys it was bed time, Sam was protesting a little more than usual. Instead of the normal fit he throws, he started streaming in a high pitched tone that nearly popped my eardrums!

"What is your problem?" I asked him, fists planted firmly on my hips as I looked down at his disgruntled face.

"Go bye-bye in car!" He told me.

"No, we are NOT going in the car because it is bed time," I told him.

"Go bye-bye car see Icky Louse!" He screamed at me.

That was a new one. Who the heck was Icky Louse? Didn't sound like a desirable friend to have, let alone visit.

"Who is that?" I asked.

"ICKY LOUSE!!!!" He yelled at me, his face red with anger.

"We aren't going anywhere. BED TIME!" I said. I grabbed his hand and started herding him to the bed room. The whole time he was crying for this imaginary person named Icky Louse. I just rolled my eyes. But he broke away from me and ran into the front room. When I caught up with him he was holding one of his DVD's. Great! Now he was going to demand a movie too. Would you like popcorn with that, your highness? Maybe your friend Icky Louse would like to come watch it with you?

Then he pointed to cover and said, "Icky Louse!!!"

I understood.

I have been priming the boys for when Ben comes home. Been trying really hard to get them pumped for our first ever family trip... to Disneyland... That's right. Sam was pointing at his "Mickey Mouse" club house DVD.

Well, at least he understood... Because he wanted to go right that moment! He wanted to hop in the car and go to "Mickey Mouse's" house.

How do you explain to a kid like Sam that Disneyland was just going to have to wait another month? No worries little man, Icky Louse will still be at Disneyland when we get there!

9 comments:

DaveandRuth said...

This is awesome! I hope you all have a wonderful time!

mormonhermitmom said...

LOL My youngest has a speech delay and sometimes it is the most frustrating thing to try to figure out what he's trying to say. It helps when they can point to what they want.

Hope you have fun at Disneyland!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Haha, I was just about to send my condolences for contracting lice--too funny! So glad you don't have lice! (M)icky (M)louse is much cuter! :)

Alyssa said...

Hmm...I didn't think of lice. I'm just amazed that my little princess, her royal highness, has a sibling living at your house!

I'm your newest follower. Hope to see you soon.

Amber Lynae said...

Yeah I'm going to Disneyland in April. And I told Little Princess.... that may have been a mistake. She keeps asking when we are going.

CalgaryDaddy said...

Icky Louse! I love it!

Shane
www.calgarydaddy.com

Shan B. said...

Very cute!! I got it right away :) Just 1 little tip when you are there. If you go to Toontown make sure you go visit Mickey's house because after you go through & watch the movies & think nothing is going to happen you eventually make it to take pics with the big mouse himself. I've been to Disneyland a million times & never knew you could do that. It's really fun!! & you can take your own pics too!! Btw thanks for the post on jealousy...I was thinking that I'm jealous of you...not mad but then I thought I've got to do more so I busted out my 8 minutes in the morning book & I will continue going to the gym & watch what I put in my mouth so thanks for sharing because it really helps. You are great!! And you really look great!! Now if I could just get a little taller....hmmm...j/k

Otter Thomas said...

I am glad he was talking about the cartoon Louse and not a real live one because they are quite icky. The trip sounds like an awesome time.

Catherine Anne said...

Hope you have a great time