Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lost and Found Root Beer

I made the big mistake about a year ago, to introduce my kids to the McDonald's play place. Not only because there is every germ known to man there, but because it is blasted hard to round them up and make it safely back to the car with only minor injuries.

The little hand sanitizer pump at the entrance is little comfort when you see snotty nosed, barefoot, ragamuffins wiping their snot on the walls of the slide and coughing all over the place. Not to mention the abandoned food found throughout the tunnels, cubbyholes, and fort areas. What parent can really catch a kid running up there armed with french fries and a mouth full of cheese burger?

I certainly can't fit up those pipes? And would I even want to? I think in this case ignorance is bliss... If I really knew what was up there, I am sure I would have nightmares for at least a week. Ben went up there once when Sam was a little guy and was stuck at the top. When he came down he was mortified at what lurked at the top of the side and swore up and down some kid took a dump and painted the walls of the slide.

Yeah, better I not know.

It's been a few months since I took the kiddos there for breakfast. That's when we like to go, because it is fairly clean and fewer other kids around. I feel a little more relaxed at this particular location... it is worth the 15 minute drive for a little piece of mind.

The boys were so good this morning, I told them we could go for a special treat. So off we went.

We were the only ones there and it was great! I let the kids get their wiggles out while I sipped on a Diet Coke... I know naughty me, but I was craving one big time! Anyway, all was good until we were just about to leave when Nephi emerged from the slide sipping what looked like a root beer. My first thought was "How did he get that drink past me to sneak it up there" -- I am very strict about NOT taking food or drinks in the play place.

Then it hit me.

I didn't get the kids soda.

I got them milk.

OH. MY. NASTY. GAG-A-MAGGOT!

Like a banshee I flew at him and the snatched the offending soda.

As I ran to the trashcan, I tried really hard not to think about how long that soda was up there... or who it's last owner was... or how many kids had taken sips... or other nasty thoughts.

But they came anyway.

It made me retch.

Seriously!

It was almost as bad as when Sam came off the school bus chewing gum he found on the bottom of the seat.... almost...

Let's just say that McDonald's isn't an option for at least a month.

10 comments:

mormonhermitmom said...

Huh. I can't say that I've ever heard those kind of horror stories about the McD's playplace. And my oldest is 12! Not that we go there frequently, because I'm so sick of hamburgers and chicken parts...

EW! Now I'll really have to rethink McD's.

Ana said...

Fast food is thankfully not an option where we live now, but we have gone every so often and I dread those play place things. The first time I ever took Wyatt to one, he was about three years old and came out of the tube with poop on his hands. It wasn't his. It was a really long time until we went again, but we did. Then, a month or so ago when we were in the States for a shopping trip, we let them go to one. I was completely floored (and revolted, and horrified, and you name it, I was it) when Oscar got stuck and I went up to rescue him. I put my own hand in poop this time. Once again, it was not my sons'.

Suffice it to say, this family is done with play places. Luckily, no one seems to have suffered ill effects, however.

Heather @ Two Little Monkeys said...

I don't think Ill let my lil girl go in the play place when she gets bigger....yuck!

MyMomfessions said...

Wow. I dont care for theplayplaces either. I have ocd when it comes to washing hands so I would def freak ut. Great post!

Anonymous said...

You just crack me up.

Jill said...

GROSS!!!! And that's all I have to say about that.....

Badger Momma said...

Ugh. Yeah, we try to avoid those places like the plague. We went once with a neighbor and their kids. All the kiddies were so excited. But I tell you, I think our neighbors (the adults) were the most excited. Maybe it's the only way the adults can have some quiet time. Who knows. We got out of their ASAP. Just the SMELL of the place turned our stomachs. Maybe the outside play areas are better.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

HAHAHAHAHA, what a funny post! Yes, you will get gamboo from McD's playplace...yikes!

MommyJo said...

EW!!!! LOL!!! I totally see my 2 yr old doing that too!!! They just can't resist! It is pretty nasty! It is RARE that we go to a playplace in any fast food restaurant!!! Kids are AWFUL when you finally decide you can't take it anymore and are leaving!

Good luck! Brush his teeth, and find something to boost his immune system! ;)

日月神教-任我行 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,性感影片,正妹,聊天室,
情色論壇