Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Co-Nut Tree

These last couple weeks of Pre-School, Sammy has been learning about the alphabet with that Chicka-Chicka Boom book, or something like that. He has come home with all sorts of Palm Tree art projects and paraphernalia with alphabet stickers, all of which he has been VERY proud.

I think the palm tree hat was the highlight... for me anyway.

But Sam really liked the paperbag game with the puff-ball coconuts, which he told me they were "co-nuts".

He has been talking about "co-nut" trees for the last two weeks.

Today, I wondered what he would do if I asked him to draw one.

And he did.

I nearly cried with joy at the milestone!! What a little miracle for my little guy!!

He even signed it.

AND it holds a place of honor on the fridge next to Daddy's picture. I can't believe how much my little Sam has grown in just the last 9 months since Ben has gone! He seems to understand his disability now, and is trying really hard to overcome it. I am so proud of my little man! I can't wait to see what he will do next!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Co-nut tree.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Co-nuts are my fave!!!!! What a beautiful picture. :)

DaveandRuth said...

This is awesome!!! Way to go Sam!