Monday, January 4, 2010

Kissing Vs. Clear Skin

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Mine was long. Mostly because Ben had a long and adventuresome journey back to DC, and I was really stressing that (another post for another day) and then yesterday, I just wanted to stay in bed and pout about missing him. I decided that I could allow just one day for that, before I kick my own butt (is that possible?) into gear and move on with things.

Sam goes back to school today, so hopefully that will throw us back into the routine we have had since Ben left in the first place. Emphasis on "hopefully." Because honestly, things just aren't going to be the same. Mostly because the boys think I drove off and left daddy at the airport. ALL day they kept bugging me to go back and get him. Our conversation went something like this:

"Mama!"
"What is it, Nephi?"
"Go bye bye in car!"
"No, not today, sweetheart..." mama wants to sit in bed and eat popcorn and smoothies and watch movies on Netflix. Go watch Dora or play with your trains or something...
"Dadda at air-port! Go bye bye in car and get dadda at air-port!"
What do you say to that?
"We will one day... just not today. Daddy has lots of work to do."
I think he is satisfied, and he is... for like 2 minutes, then we have the same conversation all over again.

You, know, today I feel so much more energized. I know it might have something to do with the 12 hours of sleep I had last night, but more than anything I have made a few goals to do while Ben is gone.

1. Lose more weight. The big one. This is my last and greatest push to the end. I don't want to be a skinny minnie, I still want to keep my roundness, but I would like to get this mommy tummy down a few more inches. But first I need to get the 3-5 pounds I gained over the holidays off... opps... must have been the Pumpkin Cheesecake, or homemade pizza. Growl.

2. Get my skin cleared up again. It's funny, you know, I had the best skin while Ben was gone, NOT kidding. Hardly any zits at all. Which brings me to the unfair fact that it just isn't fair that woman should be able to have acne after the teen years. Men seem to clear up (at least on their faces) but us women, we get to suffer longer... urk! Okay, back to my story, so... I had the best skin ever, Ben gets home, WAM! BANG! Zit breakout right over night! Smack dab on my chin. No kidding. And it got worse. Today I counted like 20, okay maybe I am exaggerating a little. It was more like 19. All on my chin. I have to wonder why they would all come out there... if I was a dumb blond, anyway. Which I don't think I am. Only sometimes.

But then again, maybe getting clear skin will only cause problems when Ben comes home and I decide my skin is more important than kissing?? Awwww... no, kissing is so much better...

And last but not least:

3. This is probably my most important one: Spend less time on the computer and more time being a wife, mom and housekeeper. Not that I have been spending much time on here anyway since Ben left last summer. But I usually have the computer on all day with my email up so I can see if someone sends me something. I know a little pathetic, but life gets a little lonely when there is limited adult conversation in the Nutshell. Now, I want to have the computer off most of the day.

I guess I could call my goals New Year's resolutions. Don't even get me started on talking about last years! That's a post for another day... maybe tomorrow!

Meanwhile, I would love to hear about your goals for this year. So leave a comment with them or a link to a post on your site that has them.

Happy New Year's everyone!

4 comments:

Otter Thomas said...

Is it weird to write about your goal to spend less time on the computer on the computer. Good goals though. I just want to spend more time with my family. Hopefully a new job will help me with that if I can find one close to home.

Lydia said...

I think that it might be stress relief not the kissing sorry. Good luck with the goals

Guilty Mother said...

I get you re the zits thing. I'm nearly 42, 42 for crying out loud and every month, without fail, to go hand in hand with my PMS I have a lovely little collection of them clustering around my chin.

As for my goals? More patience, more me time, more exercise. Finish my book!

Sorry hubby's gone but he'll be home again soon :)

Our Family said...

I'm sorry Ben had to leave already. I hope the time left goes by quickly for you all. My goal is to set some goals. :o)