Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Keep your Mittens on!!! It's Freezing!!!

With temperatures being in the single digits and below zero these last few weeks, Sam's little quirks about gloves and/ or mittens has been a real pain in the you-know-what!

I just want to be a good mom.

I just want my kids to stay warm and healthy.

But every winter it is the same. I put his mittens on, try to tuck them into the coat... once, Ben even wrapped packing tape around the wrists so he REALLY couldn't get them off. Let's just say, Sam has really sharp teeth...

Then, when his hands get cold, he freaks out and gets mad at us for letting his hands get cold. ERK! The never ending battle of the gloves.

I dreaded the cold weather and snow coming this year, for mainly this reason.

Then, I got this really cool email from a Canadian based company about their product called "MITT-ONS" -- mittens that actually stay on! Sam-proof mittens! I immediately contacted them and they so kindly sent me two pairs to try out.
When I got them in the mail, it just happened to be a new snow day, so I pulled them out and put them on the boys. I was thrilled to see they actually went up to their armpits. They were really well made, and I loved the fact that around the wrist there is a zipper hidden there so you can take off the extension if you need too.Mitt-Ons stay on and keep the snow out!! How cool is that?! I love, love, LOVE Mitt-Ons!!! Now if they can only make some boots like that!!! ("Boot-Ons" -- has a nice ring to it!)
MITT-ONS are avaliable for purchase at www.onsgear.com


Disclaimer: I did receive a couple pairs of MITT-ONS free of charge to review and enjoy. This review is honest and true. I have not been paid to do this. I will not stand behind a product I don't believe in.

6 comments:

MommyJo said...

OK! Those are pretty awesome!!!! I will be looking into those! I can't find ANY gloves that fit my kids AND keep the snow out of there gloves! Thanks for stumbling upon them!!!! :)

DaveandRuth said...

Those are awesome!

The Lucy and Dick Show said...

What a good snowman! I love snowmen!

Single Mama NYC said...

Ooooh, these would be so great for Theo! He just lost a glove last Friday and we still have 2 and a half months left of Winter to go - I really don't want to buy a new pair every month. Great product. Thanks, Cat!

MommyJo said...

Those are actually pretty pricy! I looked into them... I did find something similar to them on Ebay... they don't have the zipper off arms... but they do have the longer cuffs to help them stay on and keep snow out... I thought I would just send out a little FYI, I think those Mitt Ons are awesome! but I am not sure about $20+ for them... but I will leave that to others to decide! :)

Amy said...

Those are so awesome!! I had that problem earlier in the season with Jayce. Luckily he is ok with his mittens now. That is such a cool idea though! Thanks for sharing!!