Monday, January 18, 2010

It's Coming...

You may be wondering what is coming?

Well, I'll tell you... not to get any attention, mind you, but only to share a little bit of my anguish.

Beginning next week, I will be starting my last year as a 20 something wife and mom. That's right. It's my Birthday next week and will be turning 29... and without my Ben.

It's not like I am totally sad to leave my 20's behind. I mean, they were mostly great years. Besides, I hear this rumor that the 30's are the best... and I can see that!

I guess, I just don't want to celebrate without Ben. It's kind of a bummer. I won't really be alone, I have the boys, right? I mean, Sam the man is quite the party animal, and I am sure we can do something fun.

But really?

Know what I truly want to do?

I want to order a huge pizza, vegetate on the couch with a good movie wearing my PJ's and eat other diet no-no's like ice cream with chocolate syrup.

I want to watch TV without the subtitles and not bother the neighbors.

I want to take a long, long bath and not have kids coming in and out asking to get in or for a drink and treat.

I want no poopy diapers for just one day...

I want the boys to give me a foot rub!

I want a magic fairy to come clean my house and do the dishes.

If you think these things are unlikely (minus the first), my most far out Birthday wish is even more crazy and impossible... I want a Birthday kiss from my Ben. Wouldn't that be wonderful? But since that won't happen, I think I will settle for the magic fairy...



9 comments:

Tobi said...

Could you please explain to me why the 30's are supposed to be so great? Because I'm really not seeing it.

Also I know how it stinks to be alone on your birthday. One year while my husband was deployed he actually forgot my birthday. I forgave him eventually since that International Dateline things is sorta confusing.

Mama Nut said...

What!? You're saying the 30's aren't better!!?? Come on, give a friend some hope for her birthday! :)

BridgetJean said...

Welcome the 30 something club. Its not so bad. Haven't you heard the saying, "30s is the new 20s." Hope you enjoy your bday and do whatever it is you want to do!!

DaveandRuth said...

I hope you get to do something fun for your birthday!!!

Jill said...

I wish I could say the 30's are better. I thought it wouldn't bother me. In fact, my 30th didn't bother me that much. But when I turned 31, something snapped. I think it was because I was officially in that 30's bracket which was on it's way to 40. I don't think 40 is old by any means. I just don't feel that old. I still picture myself about 23 or 24, but my body is telling me otherwise. ;)

I hope your 29th is a great one. I'll cross my fingers for you on the no poopy diapers. :) And give yourself a break, go get a pizza and enjoy yourself.

CaJoh said...

Congratulations on being almost 30. Don't tell me that you are looking forward to turning 30.

As for myself, I have nothing to look forward to until I turn 65 when I retire (that's a good long time).

Jenna said...

I have been having minor panic attacks about turning 26 soon (I have one month to go...) so I totally feel your pain!

Single Mama NYC said...

I'm 36, and I have to tell you the 30s are wonderful! The self-confidence, wisdom, and grace you get in your 30s are worth losing some youth. I'm so happy with my 30s I can't wait to see what the 40s will bring!

Amy said...

Well that's just about as depressing as it gets. Sorry Cat! But hey, I am all about the pizza, movie and ice cream!