Wednesday, January 13, 2010

An Important Delivery!

I just have to say that I am sick and tired of missing important deliveries and visiting friends because I can't hear the door. Living in the Nutshell has its downsides and one of those is the loud heater. Nothing, not the TV, music, door knockers, or kids... well, that might be pushing it... can be heard over the heater. And since it is like 2 degrees these days, the heater is always on.

My cell phone died on me.

Well, it still works, sort of. I can receive calls, I just can't make them... just a little annoying. Sitting and willing your friends to call you, just doesn't work. Trust me. Luckily, it is still under warranty and my new cell phone should be here today.

So what's the problem then?

I am afraid I won't hear the delivery guy knocking on my door!! It's a Fex-Ex thing, and I have to sign for it.

I have been fretting about it all night.

Finally, I did something about it. I don't care if my neighbors think I am nuts... they already think that... So it just doesn't matter, right?

So I made a sign and posted it on my front door:
How can you possibly explain the chaos in a little note? I felt like adding, "Give me a minute, though, I have to jump over a few child gates... PLEASE don't leave!!" I need that phone...


6 comments:

Tobi said...

I have almost the same problem. The doorbell for this house is really, really quiet. So if someone rings my doorbell I never hear it.

I hope you get your new cell phone quickly. I can't live without mine!

jordan @ mean mommy academy said...

Cat- I love you. You make me laugh all the time!! Forgive me for not leaving comments more frequently. Life is pretty chaotic around here, but thanks for the daily laughs!

Amy said...

That is a great sign!!! That's a total bummer about your phone. We have had cell phone issues tons of times. Good luck with your new phone!!

Jill said...

I'm not a fan of "LOL." But I think it fits in this case. Thanks for a laugh. You gotta do what you gotta do!

The Carlsons said...

I did this exact thing when I was waiting for a package for Christmas that I had to sign for. Fortunately, our UPS man rocks and thought it was really funny!

Our Family said...

That is hilarious!