Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

I am so not one of those modest people who don't want anyone to know its their birthday, and so they keep it a secret -- and then get annoyed when no one really knows... or they get mad about any one making a big deal about it and so on. Me? I want everyone to know! I love getting birthday wishes. It is my one day of the year that is all about ME! And I don't have to feel guilty about indulging in things I wouldn't normally do.

Today, I am going to have pizza for breakfast!

And have the left overs for lunch!

My friends are going to take me to my favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner. And guess what? I am going to order whatever I want!

I am going to have cheese cake.

And when I am not eating yummy food, maybe I will just sit on the couch and watch movies all day. Perhaps even, I won't even do the dishes! Take that! Why? Because it's my birthday and I can do what I want! Ha HA!

Anyway, now that you all know my plans for my very lonely birthday without Ben, here is a little glimpse of my past:
Me when I was one.

I love my dad's hip early 80's look here. That shirt is a classic! Rock on, Daddy'O! I'm the little squirt with the ball.Here I am with my cousin playing dress ups. We were probably 5 more or less.

Me in 4th grade next to me in 8th grade. (80's look vs. the 90's)

5th grade-- beginning of awkwardness...

6th grade... still awkward ...

Got to love the mid 90's!! I am the young teen on the right next to my mom, dad looking inconvenienced, and my adorable little sister on the left. The studly man in purple is my uncle.

You've all seen me as a teen and my married years. But here is a little collage I made for my desktop last year.
And I couldn't leave out me today...So there's my life in a Nutshell!

So sing a little birthday tune for me today, ok?

13 comments:

DaveandRuth said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope it is all you want it to be.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

ADORABLE! Thanks for the walk down your little memory lane. I agree about birthdays! All about you for the whooooole day!

Have a great, HIP-HOP-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Lydia said...

I hope that you have a great day and those little guys are good for you.

Pam said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy your All About Me day. Pizza for breakfast sounds wonderful.

(Btw, today is my daughter Madeleine's 15th birthday as well).

Bridget said...

Happy birthday! I hope that you have a great day and to celebrate for you I will be potty training Ian and helping a grumpy baby with new teeth. Yikes, that doesn't sound like very much fun on my end, so I hope that you can live it up! I love the pizza for breakfast, I might have to join you with that idea on my birthday in a few days...

Shan B. said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!! Hope it's fabulous & hope all of your food tastes great!!!

Jill said...

Would that favorite Mexican restaurant be Cafe Sabor? If so, eat a little bite for me, too. Have a wonderful birthday. You deserve it!!!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday. Enjoyed seeing your pictures. Have a fun day, you've worked so hard!

Seriously Why Can't I? said...

I too think that birthdays are our most very special day. And we can do, eat and say whatever we want and will be naturally forgiven for it the following day. In fact, when I was in college I would take a whole birthday week...I should look into that again this year.

Our Family said...

Happy birthday, Cat! I loved seeing all of your cute pictures! Weren't those poofy bangs fun to style?

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! Great pictures... wow those were the days. I could not believe how young Dad looked!! Wow!Have a great day... and think of me while eating the cheesecake!!!

CaJoh said...

That is what I get for not reading through all of my reader posts.

Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a great day indeed.

Amanda said...

Birthdays are awesome! Love "Seriously why can't I?"'s idea about birthday week. Moms deserve a week!
I'm the same- tell everyone at church "10 more days!" and shake cards out in the post office. My husband just wags his head and "brags" on my maturity.
Hey, when I'm in my 50's I won't be having them anymore- give me the next 30!!

Happy Birthday!