Friday, January 15, 2010

Fat Butt Friday: Take THAT, Holiday Weight!


I can honestly say, I have never worked so hard to get weight off like I did these last two weeks. I was going to get those brownies off my thighs, caramels off my waist, and Del Taco Burritos off my butt if I had to super glue my hands to the elliptical machine! But, luckily, it didn't come to that.

I worked out almost everyday, went to the gym 1-2 times a week depending whether or not I could get a babysitter, and watched every little bit that I put in my mouth. I only have 7 weeks until Ben comes home and I want to make the final push to get the most off I can.

I have been working on my running.

I told you a few weeks ago about my life-long battle with jogging/running and the struggle that I have had. If you missed that post, it's here.

And slowly, I have been doing better and better. My first goal is to do the mile in 10 min 30 sec. Why? Because that is the Army standard for women, and it gives me some guidelines to work with so I can run with Ben when he comes home.

The first time I ran the mile, I did it in 12:45.
Last Thursday, I did it in 12:30.
Monday: 11:53
And last night... 10:08!!!!!!!

I can't believe I did it!

Now, the big question is how did I do it? No. No one dangled a donut in front of me, either. Evil thoughts...

Anyway, if any of you have been to a gym, you know that January is the most crowded time. By March, the big "New Years Resolution" crowds have petered out so you can actually find a machine. But right now, in January, you are lucky to get even that! It's a battle to even find a parking spot!

Last night, when my gym buddy and I got there, most of the machines were taken. My friend hopped on one of those swinging legs machines and I spied a Treadmill unoccupied. I felt I was ready to try my mile run again -- so I made a dash for it. It wasn't until I hopped on that I noticed I was wedged between two young, running, fit men. My first child competitiveness ingrained in me surged, and I knew there was no way I was going to let these guys make me feel bad about myself. I was going to give it my all and not look like a complete idiot -- I just prayed I didn't fly off the back...

And I pushed myself.

And I did it!!!

I also got off the holiday weight and actually ended up losing a bit more too! Here are my stats for this week:

Weekly Stats

Starting weight: 279 lbs

Weight before the holiday: 210 lbs
Total loss up until then: 69 lbs
Weight today: 205 lbs
Total loss: 74 big ones!


Only 3 more pounds and I will officially be smaller than Ben for the first time ever! I can't "weight"! Sorry, couldn't resist the pun...



For those of you who are new to Fat Butt Friday click here! For those of you joining in, don't forget to leave us your link, so we can come over and cheer you on!!!

6 comments:

Pam said...

Weigh to go! LOL!

Micaela L. Hess said...

Wow, 74 pounds lost! That is amazing. You just keep doing what you're doing! I still have holiday weight to lose. I didn't do so well during the holidays... :(

Tobi said...

SWEET! GO CAT! You are so spectacular! Keep on kicking some tail.

Damaris said...

Way to go! You are amazing! That is such a great run time.

Our Family said...

Congrats, Cat! This is awesome!

Kelly Dawn said...

I am SO proud of you!!! That is amazing!!i have been mia for a bit - but i am back and catching up :)