Saturday, January 2, 2010

An Empty Seat

Well, my friends, he is gone.

Yeah, we are all a little sad here in the Nutshell today.

They tell you that the military will either make or break a marriage. Well, the Army sure as heck made ours! The last two weeks were like a second honeymoon... with kids tagging along for the ride. It was pure heaven even though we just spent most of the time curled up on the couch snuggling or giving each other foot rubs. As long as we were no far than arms length apart, we were happy campers.

The kids got much needed Daddy- Son time:
Things got a little goofy sometimes with the family:And Daddy Nut even felt a little "super":It was harder to say goodbye this time. For me and the boys... Even though we know this time won't be as long as the last, it was still pretty hard.

Sam wanted to go too:
Got to love those goodbye kisses:
(Note: Notice awesome Army Man haircut, done by yours truly... )

And most of all, what blows my mind (and I am NOT bragging!! Okay, maybe a little) is how different the both of us look now. Only 6 months and a LOT of work, can really change a couple!

Us 6 months ago:Us now:
I think the thing that hit me the hardest, so far, was driving home once again with the seat next to me empty. I felt so lonely with out my crazy Army man... So very single momish, again... Oh, well... Only 10 weeks to go and then I have him for a whole year! Let the countdown begin!

6 comments:

Jill said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful two weeks. Lets hope the next 10 fly by. I love the pics. You guys look great!!!

Pam said...

I'm sorry you had to say goodbye to Daddy Nut again. Hope the time flies (9 weeks and 6 days to go).

The Crazy Suburban Mom said...

Aw, that was the sweetest and sad post, but so sweet. Saying good-by must be so hard. Hoping it flies by for you... I love the pictures...You both look so happy!

Tracy

Otter Thomas said...

Sorry that he had to go again, but the reward sounds pretty good. A year at home is coming up.

Catherine said...

You guys both look awesome. I'm so proud of both Ben and Jared as well as Uncle Kevin for serving our country. I'm glad he won't be away from you as long this time. It sounds like it was an amazing couple of weeks!

betty said...

I came across your site by accident and I just love your blog!I think it's worth for someone to follow you!
It looks like you had a great time!
But saying good-by must be hard.
Lovely photos!
:)