Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cheap Craft: Mixing Bowl Hats

A couple months ago, I got some mixing bowls at the dollar store. Just plastic cheapy ones that will last as long as I need them.

The boys can't seem to leave them alone though! They love to play with them, put their food in them, and today they insisted on wearing them out of the house.

For those of you who know me, know that I really don't care what my kids want to wear out in public because I don't get embarrassed very easily. Besides, I like my kids to feel free to express themselves, whether it is shoes on the wrong feet, or mismatched clothes... and in this case, funky hats.

So off we went to Sam's school for a meeting with his teachers sporting Mixing bowl helmets. Sam even got creative and weatherized his.If you thought his teachers thought they were adorable, you should have seen the folks at Sam's Club afterwords trying to figure out how to use their camera phones.

I love being a mom!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!! Love those hats!

Tobi said...

AWESOME! I love the creativity of it all. Isn't amazing that you spend all that money on toys and all they want to play with the box or in this case the mixing bowls?

Single Mama NYC said...

LOL! I can just see Theo in a mixing bowl hat now...

Jill said...

Cute!

BridgetJean said...

I love the way you let your kids express themselves. My 8 year old wore his Halloween costume everyday after school for an entire year. LOL! Kids are great, a lot of work, but great!

Our Family said...

That's awesome!

Amy said...

Cute, creative little boys!