Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Shuttle Rides and Adoring Fans...

After Sam took off for school yesterday, I thought it might be fun to take Nephi on a special little outing. You know, a mommy-Nephi "date".

Yeah, that's me to the left, looking rather "pinky" and ready to party with my little guy!

First, we caught the shuttle in front of our apartment, remember the one that almost runs us over regularly, yeah, that's the one. Nephi's favorite past time, shuttle riding... And he takes it VERY seriously. No joking around. Important business, this shuttle riding.

He looked so blasted cute all bundled up in his little snow suit, mittens, and two hats... you can never be too careful these days when it is only 2 degrees outside. I wasn't the only one that thought he was cute either. College chicks totally dig guys in snow suit and mittens! I practically had to beat them off with a stick! Fortunately, I didn't have to open any cans of whoop of them. But I swear there were several who would have taken him home, given a chance.

Anyway, after the ride to campus, we walked over to the student building. Nephi only slipped on the slush once, totally teaching him a lesson about holding my hand when I offer it. We stopped at the little convenience store inside and bought a treat -- big thrill. The only slightly uncomfortable moment was when we passed a statue (you know the kind I am talking about, some liberal art funky metal and rock thing) and Nephi started freaking out:

"SCARRRRRRYYYYYYY!!!!" He screamed pointing at it frantically. "SCARRRRYYYYY!!!" He kept yelling it over and over and everyone around was staring at us. I quickly took him out of the building to calm down. I have to admit, the statue was a little scary -- definiately something a child's nightmares might be made of. Good thing, he slept well last night...

Anyway, we had a fun little outing all and all. And he didn't even poop! However, he did let one rip on the bus the way home, it wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't so packed with students... but, luckily, everyone knew it was him... not me... lol... I hope...

3 comments:

DaveandRuth said...

Outings are always fun!

Elaine said...

Hahahahah, I'm sure they thought it was him! There was a guy who kept farting at the library beside me... Talk about AWKWARD. Nobody said anything or moved. It was utter silence and awkwardness...


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Otter Thomas said...

I feel the same way as Nephi about modern art. It is scary. Be sure to never show hima Picasso. Sounds like a fun outing.