Monday, December 28, 2009

Lessons Learned from Daddy

Mom has been neglecting the blog. I can't say I blame her, either. Daddy's home you know, and she had been sticking to him like glue!

So, I have taken it upon myself to give you all a little update.

My daddy is so smart. And strong too. He knows just about everything and teaches me all I know. Like the other day, for instance. Daddy took us to visit his base to talk with some of the other guys in his unit here in Utah. He was really happy to be there, and so was I. They had really long halls to run up and down, and a cool siren went off if you opened certain doors. It was awesome, but mom didn't think so. She ran around after us all irritated and like. I would have told her to take a pill or something, but I didn't know how to say it right.

Dad got some really cool patches for his uniform. You should have seen the smile on his face when he saw them for the first time, it was just as big as mom's frown. I don't know what made mom frown... but I think it had something to do with the words on Dad's patch, "A.I.R.B.O.R.N.E" or something like that... she went on about how she thought he would be safe behind a desk, not jumping out a plane.

Jumping out a plane? An airplane? Did I really hear her right? I spoke up:

"Mama!!"

"What sweetie?"

How could I tell her that I understood what "Airborne" means?

"I know!" I said.

"What do you know?" She asked me.

"Go in plane. Jump. Bye Bye!" I explained to her the ways of an airborne soldier as I understood them. She chuckled. So did Dad. Dad gave me a big high five and I felt cool. And I felt smart too.

Moving on... I made my mom and dad a REALLY cool Christmas present at school. How cool is this?
My parents said something about it being ironic... whatever that means, but they put it right on top of the tree!Nephi doesn't really get Christmas... yet...But that's okay. I will teach him really good... just like daddy taught me!

Daddy taught me how to work out, so I can be strong like him!

He showed me how to do push ups:What? I couldn't let Nephi have ALL the fun now, could I?Daddy demonstrated leg lifts...And bench pressing...My daddy is my best friend! I am really going to miss him when he leaves again. I think mommy will miss him too.This is Sam, signing off.


7 comments:

DaveandRuth said...

Very cute! I bet all of you will miss him when he gone again. My husband could not jump out of the plane, when they took them up. Therefore he could not be the Air Force equivalent to an Army Ranger.

Tobi said...

I'm so glad that you are enjoying every moment with Ben and not blogging. GOOD FOR YOU!!

I hope your next separation from Ben is considerably shorter.

Otter Thomas said...

I like the workouts. I know lifting our son could get you strong in a hurry. I am glad you are all enjoying having dad around.

Nikia, May and da kids said...

What an adorable blog!
Hope you don't mind gaining a new follower = )

May
check us out sometime

Queenie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
One Cluttered Brain said...

OOps! I signed in with the wrong ID. Sorry bout that!

KEwl! I am glad YOU and the kids are enjoying your time with him before he leaves.
Did you get a picture of his face when he first saw you? He must have been real surprised and pleases huh?
:) Good Job, Catherine! You should be quite pleased with yourself right now.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, the "angel" on your tree is SO FABULOUS!!!