Monday, December 21, 2009

The Homecoming

Well, he made it home safe and sound and we couldn't be happier! Here are some pictures of our happy reunion... I think they speak louder than any words.

Here is one of the shirts I designed and made for the boys:
When we got to the airport, I tried to keep them in the stroller as long as I could... I was a little fearful that Sam would discover the wonders of the luggage claim conveyor belts. But they were pretty good. I wondered how much they really understood about what was going on... but they knew in their little hearts that something great was going to happen.
As the time got closer, I let them get out of the stroller. I was really hoping that they would run to daddy when they saw him. But I was afraid they would be a little timid too. I guess we would just have to see.I became really cool when I whipped out the flags... score for mom!
I told them to watch the escalator because Ben had called me and told me he was getting off the plane and would be coming soon. Of course, by now a small crowd had gathered waiting for their loved ones and watching us...
Since it was just me and the boys, I was torn between taking pictures and just jumping out there to grab my man... I chose to run and tackle... everyone clapped and cheered! When I let go, there were two very eager little faces right next to us looking up at Ben. He knelt down and they were in his arms.
I LOVE this next picture, I think Ben's eyes say it all...My handsome soldier! I still can't believe he is home!When we got home, I was quickly demoted to uncool... unworthy to sit on the "guy couch." Seriously, Sam would not let me join them!!But it's okay. They really missed their daddy and wanted some time with him... you know, guy quality time. I just hung around and anxiously awaited bedtime... hehehe

I really wanted a picture of him and me with his uniform on. But we didn't get the chance. I did snap this one this afternoon:Together again, even if it is only for two glorious weeks.

By the way, yeah, he REALLY likes my new look! And I really like his...

13 comments:

DaveandRuth said...

This would happen to me with the couch on a normal day. I am glad Ben made it home for Christmas!

Andrea said...

Love the cute shirt design.. . Love, Love, Love the pictures! I am so happy for you and your family to all be together, even if just for a few weeks-what a wonderful Christmas this will be!! Merry Christmas! Enjoy having your whole family together and seeing your boys with your man! :)

Anonymous said...

Very touching...very precious. Merry Christmas.

Jill said...

The picture of Ben with the boys is so precious. It made my eyes water, too. :)

Otter Thomas said...

The picture of Ben and the boys is amazing. How wonderful for all of you. Merry Christmas!

Shan B. said...

Oh...I love the pictures & I'm getting all teary eyed. Enjoy your time together!!!

Pam said...

Love the picture of Ben and the boys. Enjoy your time together. It's sure to be a special Christmas.

Camryn said...

Congratz, congratz, CONGRATZ!!!!

So happy for you all!

Amanda said...

Thanks for sharing that amazing moment with us, I was thinking about you all weekend.
Hope the days don't fly by and you all have an awesome Christmas.

LOVE the shirts!!! You are so creative!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, that is SO cute!!! Thanks for coming to my blog! Nothing makes me more teary eyed than a soldier's reunion to his family...SO precious!!!

Cynthia said...

Yeah! You had ME crying that he's home and I've never even met him! LOL! What a happy, happy day for you all. Thanks for all the sacrifices your family is making on our behalf.

Our Family said...

Yeah! He made it! I'm so happy for you guys!

P.S. The shirts turned out really cute!

Jenny said...

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas together!!