Friday, December 18, 2009

Five Years Going Stong!

...and he's missing it by a day...

But that's alright! Who says you can't celebrate your anniversary a day late?! That's right! Today is our 5 year anniversary! Five years ago today, right this very minute I was all my way here:
To marry my sweetheart for time and all eternity! And then we begin our lives together...

If you are new and want to read a little about how we met and our newlywed life, click here.

So after our 5 week whirlwind romance, we were married, and we couldn't have been happier... 5 weeks, you say!? I told you, if you wanna know the juicies you have to click here!

Ben and I have shared the best years of our lives, and we wouldn't take back anything. Not the trials, the missed opportunities, the squabbles, and definitely NOT the kids... Nope. Each and every thing that has happened to us has shaped and defined us, made us into who we are today. And the best part? We got to do it together! What could be better?

Ben and I have a little tradition we do. Every year on our anniversary we take a couples picture of the two of us, to remind us of what we did and accomplished together that year. Here they are:
December 2004
December 2005
December 2006
December 2007
December 2008
And this year's picture? We're going to take it this weekend! Can you believe it!? He's coming home tomorrow!!!!!!! Only one more sleep!!!!

I just want to tell Ben, that I love him so very, very much!! And that I am looking forward to many years and forever with him.

Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart!

6 comments:

Lydia said...

Happy Anniversary. with many more to come. Enjoy tomorrow and the next few weeks.

Otter Thomas said...

Happy Anniversary! That was really sweet. I know this one will be extra special because he is coming home. Have a great time.

Our Family said...

Congratulations! I love all of your pictures!

The Carlsons said...

Happy Anniversary. How wonderful that he'll be home tomorrow to celebrate. I think once you have kids you usually celebrate on the weekend anyway.
My husband and I celebrated ours yesterday. I wish I had thought about the taking a picture every year idea. That would have been hilarious.

Bridget said...

Happy anniversary! I hope that you have a safe trip tomorrow, I'm so glad that your family will get to be all together for Christmas! When I was talking to you yesterday I thought you meant the first snowman post, but I hadn't read the second one yet. It was way cute - for all you know I needed a carrot for soup or something. No, I'm too lazy to go outside to get it so I'm innocent!

CaJoh said...

Happy Anniversary a day late.

Five must be a lucky number for you. For my wife and I three is ours. Of course we already had our 3 mo-versary, our 3 year Anniversary, and last year we celebrated our 9th (3x3).

Hoping for many more years to come.