Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Angry Walmart Santa

I wrote this post last year on my private blog, but I still get a huge kick out of it when I think about it! Here it is, originally published 29 Nov 2008:

The Angry Looking Walmart Santa

Today, we ran out of milk, so I packed the boys up to go to Wal-Mart. They think this is great fun, especially if Daddy gets to check us out (he has moved on from cart-pushing to cashiering). While we were there, they announced over the PA system that Santa was there for the kids. I thought, "cool, the boys would love that!" But as soon as we rolled over to the group, I noticed that none of the kids wanted to sit on his lap, and I couldn't blame them! He looked like he had to put down Rudolph this morning. Talk about grumpy Santa! But like me the parents were gently coaxing their children to get their photos taken... and probably for the same reason too. It was FREE! If you go to the mall, not only do you have to wait in a huge line, you have to pay 20 bucks a picture. Just let me tell you, I wasn't the only parent forcing their kid to sit on Free Santa's skinny knee. I know this because when we went to pick up our picture, I had to look through a stack of them to find ours. I had to chuckle when I noticed that like 95% of the kids were either crying, screaming or just plain not happy campers.

Here are ours. Now, I just couldn't help myself but add a few "thoughts."

5 comments:

Chief said...

That is my favorite picture of santa I have ever seen!

LMDAO!!!!

Shan B. said...

That's funny. We did that one time to get free pictures with Captain Jack Sparrow. I thought they'd have somebody dressed up but NOOOOO....just cardboard cutouts. You know those big movie ones. Oh well...it was free & my boy liked it.

Lydia said...

Those are great. I must say I love the real old guys that have a beard and a belly that do like kids. then the pics are almost worth the 20 bucks.

SJB said...

Hahaha, this is so funny.

Our Family said...

These pictures crack me up! I love the tousled look of Santa's hair over his eyes. :o)