Saturday, November 21, 2009

While I am home with the kids....

This week has been a little rough.

I refuse to whine and complain any more than I already have. So suffice it to say, that the Christmas Tree didn't last two days in the reach of Sam. Yesterday, I spent all morning picking up the pieces of my broken ornaments. He totally went ape on all my precious treasures and broke several to pieces. So I made the boys sit on the couch and watch me put them away. They could care less. Until, I took down the star on top... They were outraged that I dare take down the star. Too bad. So sad.

Now, my Christmas tree looks very unfestive with only lights... and even that is pushing it. I will probably have to take those down eventually too. I just don't understand Sam's urge to break all he can get his hot little hands on. It is very upsetting to me.

Meanwhile, Ben has been having a blast! How rude of him! How dare he have fun without me! Erk!

He finally passed his big test:
Here he is ready to go take it... if he passes he gets to have weekend passes and be the Squad leader. He was nervous can you tell? But he still looks very handsome!

So off he went this morning on an adventure in DC... I can't tell you how envious I am!! Oh, well, that's the sacrifice us mom's make when we make the choice to be the mom and hold down the home front, right? One day it will be my turn...
Although, I may be convinced that his fun adventure was nothing, if I find the above in my Christmas stocking this year... what girl wouldn't want the Hope Diamond?

6 comments:

Jill said...

Cat, you need shatterproof ornaments. Mason goes ape with our ornaments, too. A couple of years ago we bought shatterproof ones. As sad as it was not to have my tree perfect, it has been nice that I don't have to worry as much about my boy breaking every single one. It's hard having a tree with busy boys. Good luck.

Catherine Metz said...

Maybe you could "make" some ornaments with the kids. Something "unbreakable" that they would have a vested interest in.

Chief said...

I will tell you that for years we ut our tree in a playpen

Guilty Mother said...

Oh, that's such a shame about your tree :(

It's tough what you're doing, raising your boys on your own at the moment. It's the daily frustrations that get you down and that's even more difficult to deal with when it seems like your guy is getting to do fun stuff and you feel, dare I say - a bit 'trapped'.

You're doing great!!! It'll all be worth it in the end and you're right, when Ben comes home, aside from getting to spend time as a family again and getting some alone time with your hubby, I'll bet you'll get a chance at some 'Just Cat' time too. You deserve it :)

Jill said...

I love the idea of the tree in a play pen. I'll keep that idea handy for next year when this munchkin in my belly is old enough to pull off every ornament within his reach!

Anonymous said...

The year my little guy was 1, when he went for the ornaments, he went to the naughty spot. It took 4 times before he got it and he didn't touch an ornament again that year. The next year, it took one time. Last year, we just warned him. Now he will be 4, uhm... wonder what he'll do. I guess we'll see next weekend.