Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful for the Little Things Today... Part One

On Facebook, a lot of my friends have been posting everyday about things they are thankful for. Which is really nice given the season. Most of the stuff is obvious things like family, friends, great husbands and kids... you know the things we are supposed to be grateful for.

I think people get a little ashamed sometimes to say they are thankful for little things, afraid they are going to diminish the gratefulness they feel for the bigger things by expressing gratitude for the trivial.

I don't think that's the case.

It's the little things that make life so great!! So since all of you know how much I already love my family and friends, I want to share with you a few things that make my life more fulfilling, easier, and a whole lot more fun!

I am thankful for Juice Box Holders:I picked these little gems up at K-Mart one day. One of the best 7 bucks spent! No more squeezed juice in my car, on the furniture... no sticky spots on the carpet or on the tiled floors... and the boys clothes stay dry. Best yet, they still get their 100% juice once or twice a day! Idea: this would make a great stocking stuffer.

Where to find them:

Thomas the Train Juice Box Holder
No Squeeze Juice Box Holder
My Favorite with Handles (see my link on the right side)
Dora the Explorer with Handles (These are the ones we have. See my link on the right side)

I am thankful for Disinfectant Wipes: Thanks to little babies, among other efforts, the little guys and I have stayed Swine Flu Free so far. Funny story: When Sam was a newborn, he was very sick with RSV pneumonia for a few months and we mostly kept him in the house. I had one of these babies in my diaper bag for when we did go out. One day, we were visiting my grandparents and my grandpa, bless his heart, saw the Clorox Wipes in my bag and thought I was wiping Sam's butt with them. It all ended with a good laugh, but he did go through a few moments of great anxiety.

I am thankful for my Bread Maker:Only the best gift Ben ever gave me for Christmas! I use this puppy all the time. Especially, for it's awesome dough setting. It makes fabulous pizza dough and all I have to do it pop it out, roll it out, and strategically place my favorite toppings. You can find this one on Walmart.com -- it's the one I have and love.

I am thankful for Mary Kay's Eye Primer:I am not completely faithful to any certain line of cosmetics, I dapple in a bit of everything. My friend Natalie, my really awesome buddy I met at the mall some months ago, got me hooked on this Eye Primer... no joke! Here is what it does: You put a dab on each eyelid before you apply eyeshadow. It makes the eyeshadow stay on ALL day!!!! No kidding! I LOVE this stuff. Usually, my eye shadow only lasts a few hours, now I find myself washing it off at night! Too great! (Note to husbands: a great stocking stuffer for the wife!)

Okay, that's it for Part One of this little series I plan on doing before Thanksgiving. Hope I made you think a more about the small things in your life that makes it so darn wonderful! Have a great day!

8 comments:

Jill said...

I had never seen those juice box holders! What a clever idea. I, too, am thankful for Clorox wipes. Every time one of my friend's kids (no not yours.. someone else's) comes to visit, Brent and I scrub down everything. I know that's awful. But it's true and those wipes are our saving grace.

Today I am thankful for e-mail. I love being able to send pictures and keep in touch with my family who live away. Sometimes I wonder how we ever survived without e-mail!

Lydia said...

It is the little things that make life Great.

Otter Thomas said...

I am thankful for toilet paper. Those juice box holders look pretty cool too.

Bridget said...

Those juice box holders are awesome! I totally need to get some, because I have currently banned juice boxes because I'm sick of them getting everywhere. Thanks for the good idea!

Amber Lynae said...

Cat-- you are very right about being grateful for the little things. I know this may be a silly thing but I am grateful to the Biggest Loser, and people who are willing to share their weightloss journeys. (you included) It is those things that have helped me realize I too can change my life.

Shan B. said...

The little things...yes...those are the things that help us get through the day. Like great smelling hand sanitizer while potty training & lotion. I love B&BW. I gotta try those juice box holders. I always say don't squeeze it. GENIUS!!!

SJB said...

Juice Box Holders?, that's new. For sure need one of this (^_*).

Keri Lyn @ She Saved said...

oh my goodness!! what a simple solution to one of my BIGGEST pet peeves ever!! thank you thank you thank you for sharing! I hope you don't mind but I shared it with my readers with a link back to you. Your blog is wonderful and congrats on your awesome weight loss, that rocks!! KL