Monday, November 30, 2009

In Which Nephi Plays the Violin, I use the Men's Room, and Other Adventures

I hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving weekend! Anyone do Black Friday? Not me... I am afraid of people on Black Friday... However, I did get some great deals at Target on Saturday!

My week was a little crazy. As you can see, I haven't posted since I left on my "vacation" - mostly, because I was too busy chasing my kids around "trying" to keep them out of trouble, and failing miserably. For example: I went to visit my in-laws, which ALWAYS ends in some sort of disaster... like burnt hands on the stove, cell phones in the toilet, and this time, it was Nephi getting my sister-in-law's violin. Yeah, I know, scary. By the time my Father-in-Law busted him with it, he had ruined the hair on the bow -- good thing it wasn't a more expensive part... but I still feel bad.

The highlight of the weekend? Grandpa took the boys and I for a ride in his backhoe... in the scoop! It was a blast. Nephi talked about it all weekend. Here's Grandpa firing it up:
The looks on the boys faces: Priceless:Sammy having the time of his life!

Grandpa helped a lot with the boys so I could have a break. Sammy LOVES his grandpa because he takes the time to play with them and show them things. Here he is letting Sam help fix the dishwasher:As much fun as we had, by the time the trip was over, I am pretty sure everyone was happy to see us go. Not because they don't love us, we are just a tiresome crew.

Our trip home took us about 7 hours to complete. I was so tired, I had to keep stopping and doing stuff to wake up. I drank a soda, which made me have to pee every hour. Which takes me to the men's room incident. I don't care what anyone says, men's bathrooms are WAY more nasty than the women's. The worst women's I have ever seen was a bit gross, and had some grufiti that said stuff like "Donna Loves Mike" or "I am sexy!" -- I have even seen a few "So and So is a B*t*h" if you know what I mean. But the men's room is a whole new experience! Who goes on the floor when there is a perfectly good toilet sitting right there? Or better... the wall? Don't all mother's teach their sons to aim?

Anyway, I didn't volenteer to use the men's room... the women's was out of order and I couldn't make it to another gas station. Besides how bad could it be? It was bad. The whole time I was siting there I had to stare at racial slurs written all over the wall. Someone really hated Mexicans... and I will NOT repeat them... jerk. I was really happy to get out of there and took note of which station this was so I will never go there again!

I thought once I got home, things would wind down a little. And they did, if you don't count Sam breaking off the ears of my Willow Tree Nativity Donkey, taking the Christmas tree down (He jumped up to the top and literally took it down, to the floor!) , or when Nephi kept calling me the B word... turned out he was asking for the Grinch... lol. I love the holidays!

On a happier note, only 2 weeks and 5 days until Ben comes home!! Yippy! Maybe I will be able to get off the Thanksgiving weight I put on last week... hehe.

And a big congrats to Jill and her family for having their baby boy the day after Thanksgiving -- Yay!

Also I want to shout out a huge THANK YOU to Ben's cousins Ari and Melanni for putting him up for the weekend and welcoming him in their home for Thanksgiving. You don't know how much it means to us to know our man is safe and happy. Love you guys!

Everyone have a great week, and remember if you have little ones, put your ornaments on the tippy top of the tree or skip them all together -- especially if you have a child who thinks they can fly and tackle trees.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great adventure!! Remember these are little people the "things" can be replaced the things we say or do to them cannot be taken back or replaced. We love you all. Mom

Pam said...

You are so brave to take a 7 hour car trip. Doing it alone with two little kids takes real courage. Kudos to you and glad you had such a great time.

There is nothing quite like a granpa's love and attention, is there? My dad is exactly the same way with my two girls and they are completely devoted to him. So sweet.

Lydia said...

I am so with you on car trips I went home with out hubby and 2 days and 900 miles later(each way) we made it home. but the memories that I and my kids had priceless. I have taken many trips with just me and the kids and will again. Hope you will too.

DaveandRuth said...

You are a wonderful mom!

Meagan and John said...

I had to fence off our christmas tree and presents, I still have to keep a close eye on them, but haven't had too many serious issues yet with it--good luck with your tree.

glad to hear you guys survived thanksgiving

Our Family said...

The backhoe ride sounds exciting! I love the look on their faces in the center photo. Nephi and Sam are so cute!

We LOVED seeing Ben and spending time with him during Thanksgiving! It was just like old times. He sure misses you and the kids, though. Just a few more weeks!