Friday, November 20, 2009

Fat Butt Friday: Friends

You really find out who your real friends are when you have a big change in your life. Whether it's going off to college, getting married, having a baby, moving away, or even losing someone special to you in death; people react in weird ways sometimes when their friends have life changing events happen to them.

When most of my friends got married before me, yeah I was a little jealous... but I hoped that I would be a good enough friend to be happy for them and wish them all the best. Now that I am married and have kids, I hope to be a good friend still to those who struggle having kids, or can't find their "soul mate" yet, or even my friends who are popping out babies when I would really like to have another one of my own (I know I'm crazy as a loon for even entertaining the thought while struggling with my wild ones right now... but a girl would be nice...)

Anyway, oddly enough, I have found some of my friends are a little weirded out by my weight loss. I try not to talk about it too much, but I am just so blasted excited about this life changing process/ event in my life I am running around with a big smile on my face... well, everyone knows what I am happy about.

I certainly don't rub it in anyone's face, and the last thing I am is stuck up... I always hated seeing those women on TV that lost a ton of weight and got all vain and self-centered... I'm just not like that. Sure, I feel pleased with myself... it's the first big goal in my life I have actually done for myself and followed through with!

I want all my friends to know, and all of you, that no matter what weight I am, I still love you all the same as I ever have. I don't care what size anyone is and am a firm believer that who you are inside is what really matters. Integrity, love, honesty, trust, have nothing to do with weight! I mean look at all these skinny models and celebrities that may be beautiful on the outside, but many are rotten to the core... not people that I would want to call friends.

Anyway, that said, here is some good news! I reached my 60 pound loss mark this week! Woo Hoo! I feel fantastic! Here's some updated before and after pictures:This last one was taken yesterday... those pants I am wearing were pants I wore when I was DATING Ben!

Here are my stats:

Weekly Stats:
Starting weight: 279
Goal Loss: 80 pounds
Last week's Total lost: 57
This week's loss: 3 pounds -- down to 219 lbs
Total lost: 60 pounds

For those of you who are new to Fat Butt Friday click here! For those of you joining in, don't forget to leave us your link, so we can come over and cheer you on!!!

For my weight loss tips see the post here!

11 comments:

Tobi said...

I think Ben is going to faint like a girl when he see's you! You look so great! Really. Congrats on your weights loss. I'm super excited for you too!!

Angela Speaker said...

Oh my gosh Cat, you look absolutely amazing!! I am very proud of you and look forward to shedding my pounds once I have my baby in April.

You're an inspiration!

I can't wait to celebrate with you when you go below the 200s! :)

Bridget said...

You are so awesome! I can't wait to see you in real life, now if it wasn't freezing cold outside maybe I could! Congrats, I'm so excited for you!

Our Family said...

You are amazing, Cat! You've been so diligent!

Damaris said...

You are AWESOME!!! Congrats on the 60 pound mark!

DaveandRuth said...

Good job!

Lisa said...

Wow, you look awesome! I can't remember where I found you (I liked your title and could tell you were gonna be fun) Which you are but oh so inspiring...I've had stubborn weight on me for too many years and have giving up on losing. But know seeing you I might give it another try. You've inspired me.

SJB said...

U look awesome.

Amanda said...

Wow! No lie, you don't even look 200lb...you look about 180! You must be tall. Seriously....WOW!

BTW- does anyone know where these verification words come from? I have to type "floidgue". What's a floidgue? Are you supposed to tell what your word was? Uh-oh!

Lydia said...

Wow. the big 60 great job you look great. that 199 is coming closer and closer.

Pam said...

You look amazing! Your transformation is astounding! Keep it up!