Saturday, October 24, 2009

Walgreen's Rocks!

Today, I am a very satisfied customer.

There were a couple of very specific things I was looking for today: a certain vitamin and my favorite teeth whitener. As much as Walmart ticks me off (because of the way they treated Ben) I like my 10% discount there on non food items. Long story of why I still get the discount, but basically Ben still "works" for them until he can give a two weeks notice when he comes home in March -- meanwhile I still save there.

So today, I loaded my little hommies into the car and off we went. They love Walmart... mostly because of the subway there -- the only time they will actually eat healthy food... typical. When we got there, we made a b-line to the pharamacy department to find what I needed.

They didn't have either of the items I wanted. Bummer.

Next stop, Walgreen's.

Sam pooped in the car. (No worries, he stills wears a diaper).

Great.

Oh, well, he'll just have to deal with it while we run into the store and see if they have what I need. If not, oh well, we'll just go home.

Walgreens had what I wanted! BOTH items! Woo Hoo!

The best part, that totally made my day was when we were checking out. The lady behind the cash register asked to see my ID and when I flipped open my wallet to show her she saw that I was a military wife. Just as we were about to leave, she grabbed my arm and looked me right in the eyes and said: "On behalf of Walgreen's, tell your husband "Thank you!" I didn't expect the tears in my eyes when she said this. I guess I feel that my husband's sacrifice is ours too. I can't tell you how much that moment meant to me.

Walgreen's Rocks!

9 comments:

Jill said...

We all feel the gratitude to Ben and all others serving/fighting for us. You have GOOD reason to be proud!

Tobi said...

T-Mobile once thanked me for my service to my country. It wasn't the first time someone has thanked me but it was the first time I felt flabbergasted. To this day I'm still not really sure what I said in response to this.

Pam said...

Isn't it amazing how the kindness of strangers can make our day. We all owe a debt of gratitude to the men and women serving in the military to protect us and our freedom. And you are right, their families are also sacrificing for us.

DaveandRuth said...

That is wonderful that she did that! You have so much to be proud of! Thank you for being so supportive of Ben and for him making the choice to serve our country.

Chief said...

so I have to know this! Did she try to get you to buy a candy bar?

vanessa said...

Ok you are right walgreens DOES rock, we just moved next to one and I am learning that :)

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Isn't it amazing what power our words have! I am so grateful to our servicemen and women, can imagine what it must be like to make such a huge sacrifice! Please tell your husband thank you, thank you, thank you on behalf of the bloggers.

Single Mama NYC said...

That is so awesome! It's exactly how I feel when I tell people that my Dad is a newly retired Federal Police Officer who served at BOTH World Trade Center bombings - he got a Medal of Valor for his time - and they tell me to tell him THANK YOU! It makes you feel good to know that there are people out there who recognize the sacrifice that everyday heroes make for this country.
XOXO!

Amy said...

That is really awesome Cat! It is always nice that there are people who genuinely appreciate the sacrifice of men in the military and their wives and families. Always good to feel like your sacrifice is worth it.