Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Stupidest Kid's Meal Toy Ever!

I have this little thing I do when it comes to kids meal toys. The instant I get them, I hid the toy in my purse. My kids don't even know they come with toys. You think I am evil don't you!? Actually, I am a hero! When we are in the car and the kids are being fussy, I just happen to have a couple NEW toys to pass back.

"Yay!!" They call out in excitement. Yeah, a HERO!

Things are getting a little rough at church. AH HA! New toys come out of my bag. Again, Mama saves the day.

Now, I am not overly fond of the cheap toys that come in kid's meals. They just don't make them like they did when I was a kid. Now they just fall apart, or hurt like heck to step on. But the kids always seem to think they are cool... until I get sick of seeing them and they end up in trash or out in the sand box.

However, as much as I am not a fan of the "POS Toy" as my dear husband calls them, nothing prepared me for what I pulled out the sack a few weeks ago. By far the dumbest toy so far. I mean what purpose does this serve?:I would like to know how much fun a child could really have with this! They really need to find a new toy designer... I think this is scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas. I had to laugh when I read the little paper that came with it: "Collect all 12!!" I don't know what I am going to do with one!

11 comments:

meagan said...

no kidding right, last year i had to go on field trips with my son or any outing he went with the school or he couldn't go, so when he won a limo ride and lunch at mcdonalds i had to go with (I know, the horror) it actually wasn't that bad until the boys opened up the toys that came with their kids means, they were little figureines of ships and since the boys couldn't exactly figure out how to play with them they sent them "flying" and threw them through the air only hit to innocent bystanders--yes, that was a delightful time, luckily i was the only parent there to supervise because heaven knows the 2 staff members that came with were so busy eating and gossiping at another table that they weren't going to intervene--they weren't teachers, they were office staff.

Through Thick and Thin said...

what the heck kind of POS toy is that??? it's definately time for some new toy designers. I agree.

Our Family said...

Hey, we have one of those. I think ours is supposed to be Princess Leia. I thought the same thing when I saw it, and my kids never played with it. Into the trash. :o)

Jill said...

That is totally a POS toy! I hide the toys too. So I guess that makes me evil as well. ;)

Lydia said...

Some places have better toys and McD's is usually one of them but that one? yes straight into the trash. And we still have to pay for it?

Sometimes I ask for the baby toys because they are better.

Evan Black said...

When has McDonald's ever put out a toy that wasn't a POS? Once in a blue moon you see a toy come in a kid's meal somewhere that makes you go, "Hey, that's pretty cool," but by and large they are useless pieces of plastic.

And I say, as a self-proclaimed Star Wars junkie, that the franchise isn't above hawking useles pieces of plastic to earn a buck.

Jen said...

You are a smart mom. I could never get away with keeping the toys, my kids know that their kids meal is supposed to come with a toy. When I got that toy, it went straight into the trash.

Florida Girl In Sydney said...

We have the Darth Vader version of this McToy-- what a waste. They'd be better off putting temporary tattoos or a little car in-- these things are so useless.

Emily said...

I LOVED the toys they had recently where they were lego cars that you could put together. Did you get any of those?? James LOVED them and they were decent. We kept them. Wish they just continued to make those instead of changing it up.

Amy said...

LOL!!!! That almost looks like a photoshopped toy!!! It doesn't even look like a real toy!! Sad days....

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Kids like the stupidiest things, don't they? Great idea to save those up for just the "right" moment to distract the kids.