Friday, October 2, 2009

Fat Butt Friday: Maintenance


I know what you are thinking, "Maintenance? What the heck?!"

Well, I have come to a decision: I do NOT want to ever, ever, EVER, be fat again! And the fact that I have been dropping the weight so fast, makes me worry that I can gain it back just as quickly if I fold and eat a naughty. I have been over weight for so long, that my body is used it.

So I can up with a plan. I am going to plateau myself for a month or so. Seriously. I want my body to know that this what I want my body to be for a while and set myself. I know I haven't reached my goal, yet, and that's okay, because I will. I just want to make sure that I am healthy and that my body gets used to being 40 pounds thinner for a while.

This is what I am going to do: add a few calories to my diet. STILL exercise. AND do a little extra weight lifting to see if I can tighten myself up a little. Then after a month or so when I feel my body set itself to its new weight, I will cut back my calories again and lose the rest!

I have to admit, I am getting a little burned out eating the same things all the time. That's another reason I have to do this. I am afraid I will too burned out and stuff my face with unhealthy food -- I need to add a few things to my diet just to stay afloat.

I know I was on a roll, but I really feel like I need to do this. I am patient, I can weight a while, and I think once I start up again I will lose it fast again and feel stronger and better about myself. Besides, I am just so thrilled to be in a size 18 again (I was in a 24 when I started this program the end of June), I can take this time and enjoy it a little.

Wish me luck! Maintaining can be just as tricky as losing, I think!

For those of you who are new to Fat Butt Friday click here! For those of you joining in, don't forget to leave us your link, so we can come over and cheer you on!!!

5 comments:

One Cluttered Brain said...

RIGHT ON girl!!! I am getting back into shape NOT with a specific weightloss in mind but we a way of life...eating healthier, exercising..hoping my body will lose weight and gain muscle as I am good to it. I am BEHIND you girl!! I have been walking on my treadmill for almost 10 days now. Today will be the 10th day. YEAH!!! I break on Sunday. I feel so good... 21 days and they say it's a habit don't they? I am halfway there already!!!

Lydia said...

I so understand the need to eat what you want every now and then. Enjoy the size 18s.

Come over to http://babiesandbags.blogspot.com/2009/10/crazy.html
to see what I'm doing for "Fat butt Friday"

DaveandRuth said...

Good for you!!

Single Mama NYC said...

I don't think you will need luck, you ROCK Cat!

A Military Wife said...

You inspire me to lose weight. I weigh 208 and would like to weigh 140. I have chest pains alot and I know it is because of my weight. I have a high chance of diabetes as well. My weakness is soda. I can't seem to give it up. I'm trying though.