Friday, October 16, 2009

Fat Butt Friday: Getting Sick of Maintenance...



Another week gone by. I did really well on maintaining my weight perfect. You know, it's almost harder to maintain than to lose almost? Serious! Gaining weight is a cinch, but to actually maintain... a bit tricky. But I did it. And I am tired of doing it. Really, truly, tired of it. I don't like all the food I have been eating, makes my tummy hurt a little, and I wake up feeling gross. I think I might go back to my old eating and losing sooner than I planned. You know, kick off another 5 to 10 before the big pig out coming up at the end of Nov. It would feel nice to look good to eat good, right?

But before I go dedicating myself to my strict diet again, there are a few foods I want to eat and get them out of my system... like cheesecake and Cafe Rio... maybe Olive Garden...

Oh! Just one last thing. I have been getting a few comments about concern for my goals of losing big pounds. I guess it is my fault for never posting my weight. I don't think people understand how much I really weigh. I look about 20-30 pounds less than I really am, I have been lifting weights for 2 years and have big bones anyway. I told my friend the other day that I would LOVE to lose 40 more pounds by march and she just about died. Said she didn't think my body needed to lose that. I laughed. I told her my weight and she blinked. So I want to tell you guys so it will clear some things up. When I started this program I weighed 279 pounds. Now I am 236. Yes, I can afford to lose 40 pounds plus some. I would really like to be between 160 and 170 ultimately. So there you go... wow, I am feeling a little naked now.

Have a great day everyone!!

For those of you who are new to Fat Butt Friday click here! For those of you joining in, don't forget to leave us your link, so we can come over and cheer you on!!! You can grab a Fat Butt Friday Button on my left sidebar now!

8 comments:

One Cluttered Brain said...

You and I have opposite problems it seems like. I am great at maintaining weight just NOT the losing part. But to my defense, I have just added exercise into my routine and just limited my food intake. I am just trying to get healthier. Change my lifestyle, ya know?

DaveandRuth said...

I would love to go back to when I was 170, that was high school and I thought I was fat. I think the size of clothes I wore was distorted by my breast size. They are bigger than they need to be. I would love to lose 40 lbs, so we will see what happens.

Lydia said...

I understand how you feel people don't believe me when I tell them my weight either. Good Luck I know that the weight loss is worth it. After baby #5 I lost 100 lbs. I looked and felt great. but baby #6 did me in and I gained it all back. now I am working on getting back down to where I was happy. which by the "charts" was still over weight. Go by what you want and most important feel good about. and enjoy being smaller.

Check out week 3 of training over at http://babiesandbags.blogspot.com

Pam said...

I have to agree with you that maintaining weight loss is not easy. Maybe it would be better to go back to losing, especially since you don't feel very well eating the stuff you're eating now. Maybe have that piece of cheesecake and then go back to eating what you were when you were losing weight. Just a thought...

Merrianne said...

i feel your pain sista~
i can't stand it!
i even tried SHOCKING my system to think it would help get to burning that fat again... but after a week of starvation--- still the same weight! and i gotta lose this gut! none of my winter clothes from last year are fitting and i dont have the money to buy a new wardrobe!!!

Anonymous said...

You are doing great! Hang in there Oct. is almost over and Ben will be here for Christmas....but he loves you anyway you are! And so do I. But I am really glad you are feeling good abot yourself...that is the most important part of weightloss.

Tobi said...

You are so right. You DO NOT look your weight. You look much less. I never would have guessed that as your weight. Good on you for being so proactive about losing weight and sticking with your goals. I am so proud of you I could cry.

Our Family said...

You're still doing great, Cat!