Monday, September 28, 2009

Odds and Ends

Anyone have a good joke??

I sure could use a good laugh. I know, I am the one supposed to make you smile... but this has been a trying weekend, and I am having a really hard time getting over some blues.

I should be happy. I have plenty of things to be happy about. I have great friends, one of which totally stood up for me to a troll we met at a church function this weekend. I designed and made my first purse... it turned out pretty well. It's pink camo with lots of pockets.
I did have my great weight loss last week -- BONUS! AND everyone is noticing! Everyone woman loves a great compliment.

The blues mostly come with the weather change. I LOVE the fall!! It's my favorite time of the year. It means the holidays are coming, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years... and I am Ben-less. I miss him so badly it hurts! I know he gets to come home for Christmas, but it doesn't make the blues stop.

I'll get over it. No worries.

Moving on:

Ok, here are a few things I wanted to mention.

1. Don't forget to check out my Homemade Halloween Costume Contest!! Click here for the details.

2. I just wanted to remind everyone about my Cat Spills the Beans blog. I am getting quite a little following without advertising, and most of the followers on there aren't follows of this site. Just to let you know a little about what you can find on there. Here is the list of the tutorials I have done so far... maybe you will see something you like.


Blog Basics:
Starting a Blog
How to Comment

Design:

Add a Label Cloud
Add a Signature to you Blog Posts
Adjusting Margins and Padding
Add Background Color and Borders to Sidebars and Post Area
Add Borders Around your Words
Center Buttons and Pictures
Change your Font Size
Make a 3 Column Template
Make your own Background and Other Tips
Position your Background
Remove Borders Behind Headers
Remove Lines Between Sidebar Items and Posts
Text Decoration
Marquee (Scrolling) Blogroll
Navigation Buttons (simple)
Navigation Buttons (Fun & Creative)

FYI:

How to Capture Screen shots
How to get an Add a Gadget Bar by your Header
Upping your Traffic: Using the "Link Within"
How to take the .blogspot out of your address

Other Fun Stuff:


How to Make Your Own Blog Button

3. I am going to take questions and suggestions for posts. My readership has been down a little, I think everyone's has, and I was wondering if there is anything in particular you would like me to post about, or is there any questions for me you have? You can comment here, or email me.

I think that about covers all my odds and ends for today. Come back tomorrow, because I have a very clever post just waiting to be published.

Everyone have a super duper week!!!

6 comments:

Our Family said...

The blues are the worst. I hope you feel better soon, Cat. I love the purse you designed!

Here are a couple videos that might cheer you up. They make me smile. :o)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI-l0tK8Ok0&feature=player_embedded

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DZCFCeJTEzNU&h=4abceeb2b4e168183b45ba0415d26d28

DaveandRuth said...

I hope you feel better soon. I have experienced my own blues for a while. I finally started feeling better. We have to make it!! Our children need us too. Let me know if you need someone to listen. I would be happy too.

Jill said...

I'm sorry you're blue. I did LOVE your purse. Your talents span so far!

And you can't put out the tidbit about a troll and not tell the story. ;)

Hope you have a good day!

Single Mama NYC said...

You're such a rock star! I have personal experience in the magic you create with blogs, banners, and buttons. You're the best!!!

As for missing Ben, I can only imagine how hard it is for you. Must be even harder for Ben - he not only misses you, but Sam and Nephi as well. You'll all be together before you know it though, and having gotten through this will only make you stronger.

(((HUGS)))

Bridget said...

I'm totally impressed with your purse! I'm sorry that this weekend wasn't great and I hope that you start feeling better soon. Hopefully we'll be able to come out and play someday if my kids ever stay healthy. Good luck with everything...

jordan @ mean mommy academy said...

Okay, so I posted some videos at mean mommy academy, it's titled Brian Regan. If you haven't heard of him or seen it before- jump on over, because I laughed super really like a lot really hard. A lot.

Love ya sweetie [heehee, almost wrote sweaty]! I know I speak for a ton of people out there when i say that we appreciate the sacrifice you are making to send your love out to serve this great country! You are my hero!!!!