Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Celebrity Twin...

Ben gave me this idea for a post when he told me his fellow soldiers think he looks like a certain celebrity. When he told me who it was I started to laugh... I think it hurt his feelings because he was feeling pretty cool. So later on, I got on line, and looked up some pictures of this particular famous person, and surprise! He really does resemble my hubby! I never thought of it before, mostly because I am used to his sexy facial hair... and so is everyone else. Ben's cousin sent me this, which I just about died laughing! (which isn't who his friends say he looks like... you'll see at the bottom of this post)So, I thought it would be fun to get my family and friends to tell me who their celebrity twin was. Most of them said that they didn't think it was true, but that people often commented that they did. So here they are with their twins!
Ari and Julia Stiles
Ari was also told she looks like Carrie Russell... I can see that too!

Tina and Alessandra Ambrosio
Tina said: "My kids think I look like Alessandra Ambrosio (Victoria secret model) Aren't my kids such angels!"

Brooks and Christina RicciBrooks told me that some people told her she looks like Emily Deschanel from Bones or someone from Grey's Anatomy... but me, I think she looks like a young Christina Ricci... or would make a perfect Snow White at Disneyland!

Amy and Cameron Diaz
Amy has gotten Cameron Diaz for YEARS! I would know, she's my baby sister!

Missy and Mandy Moore

Seriously, they could be twins!

And last but not least... what all Ben's Army buddies say...

Ben and Val KilmerI can see it in the lips and eyes... too funny, I would never have thought it!

As for yours truly, I really don't think I look like a celebrity. However, I am convinced that after I lose a million pounds I may look like Reese Witherspoon's sister! What do you think?Okay, so maybe not... you can stop laughing now! No smiling either... don't even think about it!

Now, who is your celebrity twin? Come on, tell us! We won't laugh... at least we won't tell you we did... *evil snicker*

11 comments:

Steph @ Diapers and Divinity said...

I'm ashamed to say that I've been told that *I* look like Val Kilmer ... (in Willow). I know.

Jared and Vanessa said...

Wow!!! Amy looks almost EXACTLY like Cameron Diaz, and Ben looks alot like Val Kilmer. This was so cool. Like you, I don't think I look like a celebrity. But I can't beleive how close the resemblance is to a lot of the people in this post!!

Pam said...

Fun idea for a post. I've been told I look like Mary Louise Masterantonio (sp?), Sally Field, and Jackie O. Now THAT's quite a combination.

Jill said...

I thought about this when you first mentioned it. I really don't have a celebrity twin. When I was younger, very skinny, and had long blonde hair, my husband's family said I was Barbie. No thanks. In college I looked a little like Audrey Hepburn. I didn't mind that. But once I graduated from high school my hair got darker and darker (on it's own). Then I had kids and my weight isn't so "skinny" anymore. So I really don't know who I would compare myself to now.

However, it was fun to look at these other people and see the resemblance. Thanks for sharing.

Practically Perfect... said...

Fun! My husband always gets told that he looks like Joaquin Phoenix before he went all funky and grew a beard. I've been told that I resemble Gwyneth Paltrow, only she's just a liiiiiiitle bit thinner than me (OK, OK - she's a whole lot thinner!).

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

I can see Reese there in the cheeks and chin and you've got her gorgeous hair.

My husband looks like a Matt Damon with glasses. I once got told I looked like Renee Zelweger when she played in Jerry Maguire. I kinda went huh? :)
Flattering but not true!

blueviolet said...

Too funny! Why do we all need to assign a celebrity to non-celebrities? I do that too!

Helen McGinn said...

Excellent comparisons! You DO look like her! xx
p.s. Stopped by from NYC Mama's page.

Our Family said...

This was really fun, Cat! I can see the similarities in all of the look-alikes!

Tobi said...

What a lucky ducky girl you are to be married to Val Kilmer's twin. =)

Maybe if my jugs were a lot more voluminous I would resemble Jennifer Love Hewitt.

jordan @ mean mommy academy said...

Ok- here ya go- I can't quite see it but many a people have told me I look like Naomi Watts. Weird- I try to see it, but not quite there...