Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Kids for Sale

For Sale

Two boys for sale!
Two boys for sale!

Two crying and spying young boys for sale!

I'm really not kidding,

So who'll start the bidding?

Do I hear a dollar?
A nickel?
A penny?
Oh, isn't there, isn't there, isn't there any

One kid who will buy these little boys for sale,

These crying and spying little boys for sale?


-Shel Silverstein (Adapted by Me for mine)

I thought of this poem today, when I lost the boys at the store. They just ran really fast around a corner and were gone. I hurried after them, but it took me a few minutes to realize they were "blending" in. This is what I found:How fitting that I would find them in the toilet paper isle. I wouldn't really sell them... but I can't say it has never crossed my mind after certain acts of naughtiness. Such as poop in the VCR, flooded bedrooms, booger eating, and scissors to my micro-bead pillow... just to name a few. But if I sold them, I would be totally bored, and never have anything to write about! Besides, I wouldn't be able to impress other mom's with my Thomas the Tank Engine trivial trivia facts or evil creative ideas for discipline. Well, I had better just keep 'em then!

12 comments:

Lydia said...

we all have our moments. But in the end,We would never give them up

Pam said...

Great picture. I can almost see Sammy's smirk.

Jill said...

Love the picture. You do realize that your boys came from intelligent parents. They're really just rising to the occasion. They are definitely smart, creative, and clever. Hmmm.... I wonder where they got that from.... ;)

One Cluttered Brain said...

Poop in the DVD player? WOW! You do have your work cut out for you then. your boys are cute, You are right, no matter how our kids annoy us and frustrate us, we better keep em, cause we love them.....even AFTER all they do....Cute story.

Our Family said...

I love Shel Sylverstein poems! You sure have two cute little kids!

Cynthia said...

Ah yes, and you wouldn't have those photos and memories that will make you laugh for all the years to come. My favorite pictures of my kids are the 'caught being naughty' ones!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

LOL!!!! That is hystarical Cat!!! them sitting there just hanging out in the shelf! I hate it when they disappear around the corner... I am seriously paranoid about someone snatching them. So I totally understand!! Cute boys Cat :)

Deb S. said...

Better get them appraised, PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE HE HE!!!

Single Mama NYC said...

LOL! That is the best picture! Those two were given to you to keep you on your toes - think of the great job they're doing! :-)

Tobi said...

I know exactly what you are talking about! Today the Princess wiped her boogers on my shirt while we were at the store. Why? Because she was upset about getting 4 shots. My fault of course.

FranticMommy said...

how fitting they were in the TP aisle. I'll bet they are squeezably soft too!