Saturday, September 26, 2009

Head's Up on a Great Game Book



A few weeks ago, I got an email from guy named Matthew Toone to tell me about his new book. He told me:

"My name is Matthew Toone, and I just visited your website (nutsinanutshell) and love it, and simply wanted to see if there was a way we could team up together.

I just recently published a book that I feel is a perfect fit for your audience (website visitors / subscribers). The book is called: Great Games! 175 Games & Activities for Families, Groups, & Children. You can learn more and actually view the book at: www.GreatGamesBook.com

In addition to providing tons of fun game and activity ideas, the book also helps people everywhere save money and make money, and encourages families to spend more time together."

I had Matt send me a copy of his book to check out. As with all my reviews I do, I was skeptical at first, because I didn't know what to expect. All the game books I have ever seen, haven't been something I have been interested in.

However, I have to admit, I really enjoyed Matt's book. Not only did I find the rules to some of my old favorites: Mafia, Murder in the Dark, and Scum; I also read about some other ones that looked like GREAT fun!! Made me wish Ben was home so we could play a few!

Matt Toone's personality comes out in his writing, and I bet he is a really fun guy to invite to parties!! Matt has a real focus on family togetherness, which I wholeheartedly support! You can check out more about Matthew and his mission here: www.Tips4Families.com and www.AwakeYourPotential.com

So if you are looking for some great game ideas for parties (the holidays are coming up!!) or excellent gift ideas, check out Matthew Toone's book: Great Games! 175 Games and Activities for Families, Groups and Children.




PS - I am adding a link to my sidebar so you can come back and check it out latter if you want.

Disclosure: I did not get paid to do this review. I did receive this book free of charge to review directly from the author. After reading it, I made the choice to sign up as an affiliate for this book and will get a small payment for each book bought through this site. I will NOT stand behind a product I don't believe in to make a buck.

3 comments:

Our Family said...

Cool! Looks like a fun book. I love group games. They remind me of home and fun times in college. His websites look interesting, too. I'll have to check them out.

Cynthia said...

I have already heard good things about this book. My kids are just the right age to start playing these kinds of games. I'll have to track it down, it sounds great!

Single Mama NYC said...

Awesome! I'll have to get this book soon - Theo is growing so quickly that he'll be ready for some of these games before I know it. Thanks, Cat!