Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Golden Nut Award Goes to....

Okay, so call me a blog-slacker, but by no means just a plain old slacker! Sure, I didn't post yesterday, but it wasn't because I was off having fun somewhere. Oh, no, I'm not that lucky.

I dedicated yesterday to cleaning the Nutshell. I was not going to do ANYTHING that could be considered fun, until I had the apartment spic and span. I was planing to post... what?! You don't believe me? I really was! I swear! But by the time I finished cleaning, it was too late to post for the day.

So here is the Golden Nut Award, one day late... sorry.
Photobucket

This week's feature and award goes to my good bloggy friend, Issa at:



Issa has been one of my good friends ever since I started my blog. We live on opposite sides of the country, we have completely different backgrounds and religions, but we have found friendship in motherhood, through weekly emails and believe it or not we have more things in common than we have different!

Issa is a great writer and I find her stories and her life totally fascinating! So head on over there and check out her great stuff!!!



Note: Just a reminder to those of you who are new to my blog, The Golden Nut Award was designed by me to give a little recognition to my friends out there that have shown so much love and support to me and my family. There is no obligation to accepting the award, it's basically a thumbs up thanks from these 4 Nuts.

5 comments:

Nina said...

Oh I understand the cleaing. I had my cleaning day on Sunday. Well overdue but oh so lovely once it is done. How long does your place stay nice and clean? Mine, about 5 mins.

Kimberly said...

I discovered Issa's blog from yours awhile back and I love it! Great award for a great blog :) It's wonderful finding fantastic blogs from bloggers like you!

Our Family said...

I also found the Single Mama blog a little while ago from yours. It's great! Congratulations, Issa!

Single Mama NYC said...

WHOO HOO! YEAH BABY!!! I'M A WINNER! A WINNER!!! YOU HEAR ME WORLD?!?! WHOO HOOOOO!!! I WON THE GOLDEN NUT AWARD!!! BECAUSE I'M BAD, I'M BAD, YOU KNOW IT - WHOOOOO!!!

Uhhhm, so sorry, I uh, I seem to have gotten a little carried away there. Please forgive me, and please allow me to humbly accept this most prestigious honor and say that I am most sincerely grateful for any acknowledgment from such royalty as yourself. I am humbled by your recognition, dear Queen of the Nutshell.

Now please excuse me as I go back to my blog to gloat some more, uhm, no wait, I mean go back to my blog so I can meekly and modestly post my Golden Nut Award.

XOXO!!!

Single Mama NYC said...

Kimberly and Our Family - thank you SO much for your kind words! I'm so happy you've stopped by my home; come back anytime! :-)