Monday, September 7, 2009

For the Love of Poop

I don't know what it is about poop that kids find so dang fascinating! Seriously, it's just plain gross... actually one of the top nastiest things living creatures do. So why then do kids think it is so cool?

This last week, Sam has found a new hobby. He digs poopy diapers out of the trash, sneaks them into his room and dissects them. He actually opens them up, pulls out the wipes, and picks the turds out. In fact, I found a rather large turd taking a ride on Thomas around his room last night.

I was like what the heck is that brown thing in the cargo car? I looked closer, good grief! It's a poop! Of course, Sam thought it was very funny.

The last two days I have found rogue turds in the couch cushions, in the dishwasher, and my all time favorite: in the VCR.

I started putting all my messy diapers in a bin on the back porch. I hope this works, because I can't live in fear of what I might find lurking around the house.

Now, if I can just keep Nephi's hands out of his bum, I'll have it made. Any advice?

10 comments:

Charity said...

Oh my gosh!! Wow!! Don't know what else to say.

Steph @ Diapers and Divinity said...

I'm speechless.

I had to buy a padlock for my fridge. You might need one for your diaper pail.

Tobi said...

I second the padlock motion for your diaper pail. Yuck and Double yuck!!

Glen and Lilly Whitaker said...

As long as he doesn't use them for crayons and write on the walls.

Hannah said...

Kids should come with a label "warning! You will have more poop in your life than you could ever imagine"

Jill said...

Gross. GRoss. GROss. GROSs. GROSS! Boys and their "toys."

Shan B. said...

So GROSS!! No advice. I've been pretty lucky in that department (even with 2 boys). Good luck!! I think I would've lost my mind when I found it in the couch & vcr. EWWWWWWWW!!!

Jill said...

I told my husband about this. He said that he'd have to throw the VCR away. I think I concur.

Pam said...

Yuck! Thankfully, my kids never discovered the "joy" of playing with poop! The worse thing I ever found in the VCR was a toothbrush

Single Mama NYC said...

Great - this is what I have to look forward to? Yuck! lol