Friday, September 11, 2009

Fat Butt Friday: Plateauing


Plateauing: what every dieter hates to do.

But I don't think we know how necessary it is! I had a trainer who told me once that we plateau so our skin can catch up. Thank goodness! I would hate to be once big saggy mess! It would just suck the sexiness right out of being thin, what's the fun in that? I can see it now:

Me to Ben: Well, how do I look?
Ben: Wow, sweetie... you look... thinner...
Me: Why are you saying it that way? Did you like me better fat?
Ben: Well, no, not really... I don't know...
Me: What!? Spit it out!
Ben: Well, you look... kinda sorta... saggy...
Me: What!? I worked so hard to lose this weight!! And you don't even appreciate it! *cry* *sob*
Ben: Don't worry sweetie... it isn't anything that can't be fixed... I hope...
Me: *cry harder* *sob harder*

No, this just won't work for me. I never want to have this conversation. Ever! So better I plateau every so often and let the skin catch up, right?

Weekly Stats:
Goal weight loss: 50 pounds or more
Pounds lost this week: 1
Total lost: 30



6 comments:

Jill said...

My bro-in-law lost a TON of wait quickly and he is "saggy." Definitely don't want that. :) I think you are looking great.

Veronica Ernest said...

Its not a plateau. You lostr a pound.A true plateau is staying the same for three weeks. You made your goal. Right. Your way more then half way to your ultimate goal. Be happy and keep going.

Ladybug Mama said...

I agree platauing is not losing anything for at least two weeks. You're doing great. I to am trying to lose 50 lbs. But I'm just starting out. Keep up the good work. ladybugmamaof2.blogspot.com

Lydia said...

a loss is a loss take that one pound and smile. I lost my first 4 this week. thanks for the inspiration

Pam said...

Losing one pound is still a step in the right direction. Think about it as a pound of butter melted off your butt (or thighs, or wherever). Sounds good to me. Keep up the good work. You are doing so well.

And saggy skin... YUCK! Slow and steady is the way to go.

Single Mama NYC said...

Wow, I never knew that is why we plateau, but it makes such sense! Cat, you've been doing such a great job - you should be really proud of yourself. (((hugs)))