Holy Cow! I just went in and weighed! I wrote that last paragraph thinking I hadn't lost anything... LOL. Then I weighed and my eyes popped out of my head. Don't worry, I picked them right up and put them back in... I even washed them first...
I lost 4 pounds this week!! Woo Hoo!!
Lots of Questions:
I have gotten several comments and emails about what I am doing to lose the weight. It all comes down to a few things:
1. Calorie watch. Keep the calories low! I don't actually count my calories, but I know what I can and can't have.
2. Eat LOTs of veggie greens. Seriously, lettice, spinach, cucumbers, cabbage, celery, and asparagus -- VERY lo-cal and SO good for your body. Load up!
3. I eat LOTs of fresh tomatoes too.
4. I stay away from egg yokes and dairy products -- it turns out my body REALLY had a hard time burning these off for some reason.
5. Hard bread sticks and whole wheat bread are ok, but watch the pasta, rice, and other things high in starch and carbs.
6. Drink LOTS of water. 100 oz a day is good.
7. Stay FAR away from sugar: candy, cake, soda, etc.
8.Eat fruit! My top weight loss fruits have been: oranges, apples, and strawberries.
9. Watch you meat portions!!! Meat is good for you, but don't pork out on it. I like to stick to chicken breasts, turkey, and LEAN ground beef.
10. Seafood: again, I watch my portions but tuna, crab meat, and shrimp can be lo-cal too.
And EXERCISE!!!! I know it's hard to get up off that "fat butt" and away from the computer at times to get it done, but your body NEEDS it. Go for a walk or do the Wii Fit or Trainer for at least 20 min a day... or whatever exercise you need. Not only will you sleep better at night, and feel better, but you will be less prone to sickness and have way more energy. I promise!
There are my tips! Now don't be afraid!! In the words of a very wise man:
"Try not. Do, or not do. There is no try." --Yoda
Whenever I face temptation, I think of my mother's wise (don't let it go to your head, mom) words: "Does that taste better than being skinny feels?" When I ask myself this question, it puts that piece of chocolate cheesecake in perspective... unless I am PMS then forget it! But the answer is usually "no," and I can stay strong. You can do it too!!!!
Goal: 50 pounds by Christmas
Weight lost up to Last Week: 36
Weight lost This Week: 4
Lost Total: 40 pounds!!!!!!!
Fat Butt Friday click here! For those of you joining in, don't forget to leave us your link, so we can come over and cheer you on!!!