Friday, September 18, 2009

Fat Butt Friday: Back in the Saddle


Well, friends, I am proud to say that I can officially squeeze my butt into size 18's... I'm not saying they actually look good on me, but I can zip and button! I was an 18 when I married Ben, so I am getting there. And going from a size 24 to an 18 in 3 months is quite a feat in my book!

Now, I have to apologize to my family and friends. I talk about my weight loss a lot. I can't help it! I just can't believe it is finally coming off!! I feel I have to share to it with it everyone and just can't keep my mouth zipped. I'm not bragging... at least I don't feel like I am... I am just so dang happy about what is going on it is on my list of top 3 things to talk about. Lol.

So my goal this week is to not talk about it, and wait to be asked. I would like to keep my friends thank you very much!

Now you are probably wondering why I am so dang happy with myself today. Well, here are my stats for the week.

Goal weight loss: 50 pounds or more
Pounds lost this week: 6!!!!!!!!!
Total lost: 36

I had one of those really good weeks. Makes up for the measly one pound last week. Woo Hoo!

P.S. People keep asking me what I am doing. I am watching my calories and exercising 6 days a week. I also cut out a few foods that I found out my thyroid doesn't like, such as cheese and egg yolk. There is no starvation or throwing up involved. My body is just being happy and dumping the unwanted pounds off.

For those of you who are new to Fat Butt Friday click here! For those of you joining in, don't forget to leave us your link, so we can come over and cheer you on!!!

10 comments:

Single Mama NYC said...

Okay, please, PLEASE email me dear friend and tell me what it is that you DO eat. I think I know more or less what to stay away from (..sigh..no more bacon cheeseburger pizzas for me...) but I need to know what you ARE eating. You lost 6 lbs in a week? I've been trying to loose weight for 3 weeks now and I have only lost 7 lbs total. Heeeelllppp!
:-)

Practically Perfect... said...

Yay! I am so happy for you :-)

Pam said...

Cat, you are an absolute inspiration. It's amazing how well all your hard work and dedication is paying off. Keep it up!

Veronica Ernest said...

I totally understand the talking about weight loss. Don't you remember running into me at the park and I couldn't help sharing my weight loss and how I did it. I was proud of myself and you should be to. Your doing awesome you feel great. Who doesn't want to be around someone like that. Your a great example.I love hearing about your success.

Catherine said...

I'm totally rootin for ya girl! You're doing awesome. After I lost 40 lbs, I realized I owed so much of it to my positive mindset. And I'm guessing it's gotta be helping you, too. You're staying postitive and you have a huge support system of your readers cheering you on, as well. Go cat!

Lydia said...

we all need friends that we can talk about weight loss with and to encourage us. keep talking Ill listen.

4 for me this week
two week total 8

Bridget said...

Yeah! I'm so proud of you for sticking with it and you're welcome to talk about it all you want - you can't lose me even if you wanted to since my kids live outside your window!

One Cluttered Brain said...

I totally want to join!!I am sick right now but i will post something soon as DAY ONE.
thanks I really need to get my fat butt in gear!!!

Jill said...

Catherine, I am so excited for you. And no worries about talking about your weight. I'd totally be doing the same thing. In fact as soon as this baby comes and I'm trying to shed the pounds, you'll get an earful, too. ;) I'm just so happy for you.

Antoinette said...

You are SUCH an inspiration!!! :) I just read all of your Friday posts and I'm dying to ask you a few questions. I also have Hypothyroidism. It sucks. To say the least. In this post you mentioned you've cut out cheese and egg yolk because your thyroid doesn't like that stuff. What do you mean? And what other foods should be avoided by people like us? Secrets? Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

P.S. That's an organic, locally grown cherry, not a sugary sweet, drenched in syrup, maraschino. Just sayin'.