Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Boys will be Boys... Even in the Army

I think Ben could write a very entertaining novel about his time in Basic training. All the stories he tells me, really crack me up... most of the time, anyway. Now, even though Ben graduated last week, he has to wait for his clearance to go through before he can report to AIT. So they stuck him a group of guys who: are waiting for clearances too; guys who didn't pass basic and are hold-overs; and guys that are being held back because they got in trouble. Lucky Ben.

Plus what happens when you put 300 guys between the ages of 17 and 28 in close quarters for 2 1/2 months? I honestly try not to think too much about it. But Ben tells me a few things, such as:
  1. lots of bodily functions -- this is considered very manly and funny... how old are they again?
  2. Potty mouthing. Ben counted 23 swear words in 20 seconds one night as he was trying to go to sleep.
  3. Stupid bragging... and I mean STUPID! Ben told me that one time there was a group of ex-gang members arguing about which one killed the most people when in a gang and were never caught. Oh, please... and
  4. Breaking lots of rules -- typical.
Just to name a few. And they give these guys loaded guns...

Ben managed to snap a picture last night of the guys pulling one of their little stunts. Kudos to anyone who can tell me what they are doing! Ben said they claimed to have lost their cell phone... I don't know if I buy that... do you?
And why is that guy's head so close to the urinal? Is that a toothbrush?

10 comments:

Jared and Vanessa said...

Jared and I can definatly relate to the immaturity of most young people in the military. We see people all the time doing strange things, wearing things that should NEVER be worn in public, and saying things that should never even be thought. Ben is tough though. Hopefully he will get his clearence soon!!

Meagan and John said...

oh, dude that is disgusting...he is holding toothpaste isn't he--and at first I thought those legs belonged to a dummy (well I was thinking manican, not a real dummy)

there are some thing I don't regret about missing out on--this would be one of those experiences. Yep, one can tell they are grown up when they don't care for childish pranks

Our Family said...

I think the instructions above urinal number 2 are pretty funny:

"Flush the toilet..."

Jill said...

I guess boys are boys... even America's "finest." Thankfully there are MEN like BEN who really are America's finest. Leave the stunts to the rest. :)

Tobi said...

A big Congrats to Ben on graduating Basic Training. Tell him the rules at AIT are much more laid back. =)
I have no clue what those boys are doing but that guy brushing his teeth in a urinal is just nasty. BOYS!!

Practically Perfect... said...

Well, they say a picture is worth a thousand words, but that one just leaves me with three - "Oh, my, gosh!" Ha ha, sounds like boys, alright!

Blogging Mama Andrea said...

Uh, yeah. Guns and these 'boys'. Sure that's an awesome combo!

I don't even want to know about the toothbrush/urinal nor why one guy is sticking out of the wall. I really don't

(okay so I do...)

Honey said...

Wow! It sortof reminds me of the time my brother climbed in our hall cupborads just to scare the crap out of me. Fond memories of home. :)

Pam said...

I sure does look like a toothbrush!

日月神教-任我行 said...

成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,a片