Monday, August 24, 2009

Working Out with the Chipmunks


As a baby and even now, Sam has always loved Alvin and the Chipmunks. So when we bought him the movie that came out recently with the real people, we didn't expect to like it as much as we did. I actually laughed my head off, it really tickled my funny bone to see the chipmunks singing popular songs like "Only You" and "Bad Day."

My husband thought it would be a hoot to buy the soundtrack. So we did. That CD has saved us many times in the car, and never fails to cheer us up.

So today I thought it might be fun to put it on my MP3 player and listen to it on my walk.

I have only one thing to say about it.

If there ever was any music to motivate you to go faster, it was The Chipmunks.

It was IMPOSSIBLE to walk slow or even walk at all listening to those fast little voices singing "Witch Doctor." I actually jogged most of my walk just to keep up with the music, and it felt great!!!

Although, I probably looked like a freaking idiot... hehehe.... Exercise will make fools out of us all! Why do you think we never do workout videos in front of people?

Anyway...

Cat's Weight Loss tip #5 (Don't bother looking for 1-4 I haven't written those yet) Working out with the Chipmunks will inspire you to reach to new heights!

What do you like to work out to?

Photobucket

11 comments:

Single Mama NYC said...

LMBO, I definitely have to keep the Chipmunks in mind!

Jill said...

Oh that's funny! I haven't heard the chipmunk version of those songs. I might have to go to playlist.com and find them.

Meagan and John said...

you know I am not the best worker outer, nor do I listen to all that music since getting sick, but before I got sick if I needed to clean but couldn't motivate myself to get moving, I would put on "NO Scrubs" for some reason that song and ones like it always got my butt moving, the beat and the point that those women just don't need men to complicate their lives and bringing them down inspires me I guess, either way, that is what I would clean too. When I use to nanny I would clean to disney songs--I especially loved the one from matilda when she is home alone

Anything with an uplifting beat gets me moving

Our Family said...

Exercising to fast, upbeat music is a lot of fun. I don't like it as much when I jog or run, though. It drives me nuts when a new song starts and the tempo changes. I like each step to be on the beat, and I like to keep a consistent speed when I run. Am I weird?

Lady Di said...

I definitely need music to work out. I don't know about the Chipmunks, but hey, I'll give anything a try. I saw your Fat Butt Friday. Good Job on the 16 lbs. lost so far!! I've kind of hit this stupid plateau thing, but I'm finally starting to move over the hump.

Lydia said...

today it was twilight.

Tobi said...

Love the Chipmunks and love their music. I've proudly instilled that same love onto my kids!! Great idea to work out to the Chipmunks music.

Cynthia said...

I don't think I could do the chipmunks but I have downloaded songs for my IPOD that are current songs but set to an exercise beat. Totally gets me working hard.

PS- I had to laugh when I opened your blog and the Ad at the top is for condoms. Tee Hee!

Amy said...

Boy do I understand the not working out in front of people! My "perfect figured" teen sister-in-law wanted to do pilates with me. I was like... yeah right!! I would look like a real winner next there to petite dancer teenager. HA! I don't need to feel worse about myself, really! :) LOL (I could just see the "rolling like a ball..."

Otter Thomas said...

I don't work out ever, unless you count doing 12 oz curls. I do those to any rock and roll or classic country music.

natalee said...

so happy i came upon your blog im a follower now...