Monday, August 17, 2009

My Hot Date!

Why shouldn't I go out and have fun while Ben is gone?! Does the fact that he is on the other side of the US for 8 months mean that I can't see other guys?! Well, I am determined to get out every once in a while, like I did yesterday.

I took my date to lunch at IHOP -- a very family friendly place. In fact, my date was thrilled they had fun kid menus that he could color while we waited for our food. I ordered a chicken sandwich, and he wanted the mac-n-cheese with fries. The waitress flirted shamelessly with my date and promised him a drink with a cool straw if he colored his menu real nice.

Instead of coloring his menu though, my date started to eat the crayons. That was a bit of a turn off. Come on, Dude, act your age!

Conversation wasn't as stimulating as I had hoped. It went something like this:

Me: "Where's your nose?"
Him: "NOSE!"
Me: "Where's your mouth?"
Him: "There! Teeth!"
Me: "Good job!"

When my date started to get wiggly I handed him a little blue car that kept him entertained until the food got there. At this point he insisted that I spoon feed him. Oh, joy. This date was going great so far... until my date pooped his pants.

Lessons learned:
1. If I am going to go out on a date, choose someone a little older. Preferably potty trained. I think 2 is too young for me.
2. Serves me right for seeing other guys behind the hubby's back. LOL

All and all, Nephi and I had a great time... considering.Poor little guy... he REALLY misses his daddy!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Jill said...

I see you had fun with your Sammy-free weekend! :)

Our Family said...

That was cute!

Practically Perfect... said...

Oh my word, that is so adorable!

Pam said...

Your date is adorable. No wonder the waitress was flirting with him. I LOVE the picture of Nephi holding the picture of his Daddy. How sweet. Sounds like he's not the only one who misses Ben. :(

Florida Girl In Sydney said...

At least your date was really cute!

Elaine Reyes said...

What a great post!!!

I for one go on dates with my 6.5 month old :)

Amy said...

LOL! Too funny... gotta love the kid dates!