Monday, August 31, 2009

Forgivness and Walmart Wierdos

Ben called me today. I was in the forgiveness phase and was putty on the floor when I heard his voice on the other line. And he sent me this:How could I ever have doubted that handsome face!? Anyway, turns out that some dope in his platoon snuck his cellphone and got caught, so they all got punished and lost phone privileges.

We got to talk for 3 hours!!! It was awesome! I miss him so bad!!

Anyway, that's the Ben update.

********
I can't go on without mentioning another Walmart adventure I had the other day! LOL, it's just too funny! Well, it wasn't when it happened, but it is in hindsight.

Saturday night, I had to go to Walmart to pick up a prescription refill, but I was running late and afraid it would close on me. So I ignored natures call and held it in, threw the kids in cart and ran into the store, b-lining it to the phamacy.

It was closed.

Just my luck!

Next stop, the ladies room.

I like to go to the family one in the back of the store, because it is easier to get my kids in there and they can't peek under the stales next to us. But when we got there, it was locked! I figured someone was in there, so I waited a few minutes.

As I was waiting, I noticed one of the "associates" was standing there staring at me. He was an older guy, hunched over and missing most of his teeth. When he noticed that I took note of him, he started chuckling and walked over to me.

"There's no one in there," he told me. "I saw you coming and I locked it." How rude, I thought!

"Why?" I asked, crossing my legs on the verge of doing the potty dance.

"See my tag?" he pointed to his tag. "This says Maintenance! M A I N T E N A N C E. That means that I can lock whatever doors I want because I have the key!" He laughed evilly. Okay, can I just say power trip!?

"Well, can you unlock it? I really have to go!" I pleaded.

"No, sorry. Time to clean!" And he shuffled off laughing histerically.

What. A. Turd!!

This is why I love Wal-Mart. They employ people with "special needs," give them the keys to all the important places, and promote them to management. No wonder they have a huge turn over!

If I had died of a full bladder, I would have sued....

11 comments:

Amber Lynae said...

You have got to be kidding me.... the walmart guy locked you out. Okay I would have been over the top bad.

thatgirlblogs said...

You should have left him a puddle. To "maintain."

Tobi said...

I second thatgirlblogs motion! What kind of jerk on a power trip locks the bathroom when you see someone coming to use it? UGH! Sometimes shopping at Walmart is not worth the hassle.

Practically Perfect... said...

Oh my gosh, what a bum! I can't believe that he did locked the door on you!

A similar thing happened with my brother's cell phone in the AF. Someone in their section was using their cell w/o permission, and they all had their privileges revoked for a MONTH! That guy was pretty unpopular :-/

Jill said...

I cannot tell you the amount of times I have gotten locked out of that same Wal-Mart. It's like they look to make sure there is a flock of people coming their way and then they put up the sign. However, I was in Fred Meyer once I had to go so bad and I had my little boy who was just in the beginning stages of potty training. And I threw a stink about them putting up the sign at a peak busy time in the store when there are no other options for a bathroom (they don't have 2 bathrooms like Wal-Mart). The guy consented and let me in. I was sure to say thanks, but seriously... those people just don't think those people should be given that kind of power over our bladders. I mean really.

On a happy note, I am so glad you got to talk to Ben. It always seems like some terd ruins it for everyone else. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Jill said...

Oops.. I meant to say I just don't think those people should be given that kind of power over our bladders. Maybe I should proofread my comment before I hit "Publish Comment." ;)

Kimberly Kihega said...

God, I hate the guy the cleans at our Walmart. That's happened to me more than once.

Pam said...

Glad you got to have such a nice and long! conversation with Ben! I hope that makes it easier to make it to the next letter or phone call.

Single Mama NYC said...

Is it even the slightest bit appropriate for me to say that your Ben is looking handsome in his Army greens? Probably not . . . I'm sorry.
;-)

Oooh, I would've wanted to knock that guys teeth out - oops, never mind! He obviously locked a mom out of the bathroom already and she got to him first. LOL!!!

Farmer*swife said...

I can't believe that! And, you had the children with you too! It could have been one of them who ended up leaving a potty puddle on his floor.

For Shame.

Love the pic though. Sooooo glad you were able to talk to him. I dunno' how you are doing it, Gal.

Way to hang tough. (FYI, he looks pretty good in that uniform -- Lucky Gal, you are) :-D

Amy said...

Are you kidding me?? Really??