Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Educational Wii Game for the Wee Ones!!

I have never had the opportunity to review any pre-released products. So this is really exciting for me!

Some of you may have remembered my review a couple months back for the online game at Jumpstart.com for young children. Well, the online game had so much possitive feed back, that Jumpstart had a Wii game made based on the online game called Jumpstart Pet Rescue.
Box Cover

I got the game a couple weeks ago and have been trying to get my kids to play it. Sam has a really hard time working the Wii remote and Nephi just wants to watch me play it. Mario Cart is more their style. But I am not giving up hope, I think in a few months, Sammy will show more interest.
But I really wanted to do a good review for Pet Rescue! So I called in the Calvary... aka the kids that live upstairs. Gordon (4 1/2 who Nephi lovingly refers to as "Gummy") gladly came down to try out our new Wii game. He even brought his little sister, Kate, who we think could be Nephi's twin.
As you can see, the game was a hit! Gordon doesn't have a Wii at home, but it only took him a few minutes to figure out how the remote works to play the game.Gordon's mom and I watched him play from the sidelines. While we really loved the educational content of the game, we could tell Gordon was having so much fun that he didn't realize he was learning things at the same time. When it was time to go home, I asked him what he liked the best about the game he said, "Everything!" and then his mom asked him which part he liked the best and he said, "I liked them all!" So there you have it folks! A fun Wii game for ages 3-6 that is actually educational!!! Yippy!

Here are a few facts about the game:
  • Release date: Sept 1st at Walmart; Sept 2nd to Best Buy, Sam's Club, Fry's, and other retail stores.
  • Pet Rescue is the FIRST educational fame on the Wii for ages 3-6.
  • Price: $39.99
Are you excited? I am!

P.S. There are a few remaining copies of the game left, and Jumpstart is having a contest to give them away, you can check it out here!!

Disclaimer: I did receive a copy of this game free of charge to review. This review is honest and I have not been paid to do this. I will not stand behind a product I don't believe in.

6 comments:

Our Family said...

Cool! Looks like a fun game!

Why is your tv up so high? I'm sure it has nothing to do with Sam and Nephi...

Mama Nut said...

Oh, yeah, my TV up there has nothing to do with the fact that they kept trying to push it off the ledge when it was below, or kept changing the settings when we watched it :)

Honestly, I was afraid they would push it on top of themselves -- this way they can't reach it.

Tobi said...

Cool. My kids will love that. Perhaps I'll get it for Christmas for them. Great idea Cat! Thanks for the info!

Cynthia said...

Awesome! My kids are a little over the age range of the game now but we would have LOVED it when they were little.

I'm hoping they'll come out with a Wii Fit game geared to kids. My daughter is a little chubby and I'd love to have her exercise with our wii fit.

Single Mama NYC said...

Awww man, I wish I had a Wii. Looks like I'm going to have to get one soon!

Amy said...

LOVE the rug Cat!!! Just the kind I would have chosen!! Your place looks great with it :)