Friday, August 28, 2009

Fat Butt Friday: Too Good, Can it be True???

Last week, I started to feel the plateauing coming on. So I decided to change my meal plans a little. I cut out my low-cal salad dressings and stuff with Red Wine Vinegar, made my meat portions a little smaller, but added more green veggies to each meal. I also added more fruit as well.

All week, I was feeling fantastic!! I could really feel I was losing weight! Yay! Maybe I would reach my 20 pound goal by the end of the month after all!

So this morning, after I woke up, I got on the scale.

I stared.

Was I seeing things? How could this be?

I got off the scale and scooted it to a different location in my bathroom and tried again. Same number.

I rubbed my eyes. I did accidentally sleep in my contacts last night... I could be seeing things.

Nope. The scale was right. I'm a little embarrassed to share these stats with you today. I am afraid you are going to think bad thoughts about me.

But I committed to Fat Butt Friday, so here they are:

Goal loss: 50 pounds (even though I need to lose more than that to get to an ideal weight -- 50 seemed reasonable for the time Ben was gone)
Pounds lost this week: 8 (I know, it's a lot, but I swear I was just a good eater!)
Total pounds lost: 23

Almost half way there!!! Yay! Not only did I meet my goal this month, but I also got a little bonus! I want you to know, though, that I worked out a lot this week and ate really well. There was no throwing up involved, and I didn't go hungry! I guess my body just really liked what I was eating. I still have a ways to go, so we'll see what happens. With my body, anything can happen.

Did anyone else have a good week??

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!! You go Cat. I am very proud of you. Just listen to body and it will tell you what it needs.

Damaris said...

Way to go!!!!

Amber Lynae said...

I can't be friends with you because you are too amazing..... ok I can be friends but I hoe your amazingness rubs off on me. I'm in a real slump. I need to kick my butt into gear. I have been really struggling with eating habits.


Joking aside. You did awesome, keep it up.

Tobi said...

That. Is. STUPENDOUS! Give yourself a huge pat on the back girl!

Our Family said...

Yippee! Yay, Cat!

Anne Alagna said...

Whoo hoo! I am so proud of you! I hit my goal weight this week after a very long 16 months of changing my portions to more appropriate rations. I didnt really work at it, so the 2 pounds lost per month was a good bonus for me. Keep up your good work! It will all pay off!

Veronica Ernest said...

Your body loves good food. Thats its way of telling you! Woo Hoo! I'm excited for you!

Pam said...

That is so awesome! Good for you. You must be so proud of yourself.

Shannon said...

Good Job Cat!!!! Keep it up girl!!

Single Mama NYC said...

Good for you, Cat!!! Great job!! I just started back on my diet & exercise plan yesterday -- boy do my legs hurt!!!