Friday, August 7, 2009

Fat Butt Friday: Eating Out


So my sister come with her 3 kids to come visit this week. I swore up and down that I would remain true to my eating plan. Knowing that we would eat out at least once while she was here, I did some research on how to eat right while eating out. I thought I would share a few of my finds with you. (Some of these tips are from Jennie at Modern Mamaz, my weight loss hero.)
  1. Go "light" on the sauces -- Your "6 grams of fat" subway sandwich can quickly go to 26 grams of fat if you have them put their ranch dressing on it. It's amazing when you thinking you are doing good, how quickly you can spoil it by adding fattening sauces. Stick with "light" dressings and sauces, and use sparingly.
  2. Choose chicken!! Not fried or breaded.
  3. Go crazy with your veggies! Add a lot on your salads or sandwiches.
  4. Swap out fries and onion rings for a side salad or baked potato.
  5. Pass on the soda.
  6. Opt for regular sizes. It may just be 20 to get the super size, but it isn't worth all the extra calories that come with it.
  7. Go for whole wheat buns and toast. Many fast food and restaurants will let you have wheat instead. A few that with swap are: McDonald's, Carl's Jr, and Burger King. Wendy's does NOT -- I found that out last week.
  8. Pizza -- thin crust it with more veggies and less cheese.
  9. Skip the sides all together: like fries.
  10. Avoid double meat.
Anyway, that is what I learned this week in my search for easier, lo-fat eating! Have a great week!

Oh, yeah, and I am back on my Thyroid meds and I lost 3 pounds this week!!

Goal: 50 pounds
Lost this week: 3
Lost total: 13


Note: For those of you who are new to Fat Butt Friday click here! For those of you joining in, don't forget to leave us your link, so we can come over and cheer you on!!!
Photobucket


A few last thoughts:

If you haven't entered my giveaway this week click here.

If you haven't checked out my new blog-help blog click here. I am looking for people to help me out on it, check it out, and if you are interested in helping me, send me an email!

8 comments:

Tera said...

AHHH! Three pounds!!!!! Yay! I'm so excited for you. Three pounds is a ton! What a great week. Congratulations

Our Family said...

These are great tips. Thanks! Congratulations on the three pounds. You're doing great!

Smitten by Britain said...

I'm with you girl. I want to lose 30 lbs by next June, when I go back to Britain. It's tough.

Pam said...

Thanks for the tips! And congrats on the three pound weight loss. That is awesome.

Jared and Vanessa said...

That is so great!!! YAY!! I'm so proud of you. Ben is not going to be able to recognize you when he gets home!! How is he doing be the way??

Amber Lynae said...

Those are some GREAT tips. And look at your girl kicking butt. Keep up the good work. You are an inspiration.

C.J. said...

Congratulations on 13 pounds. That is a lot. Sure the goal is 50 pounds, but in the process, it must feel great to know you are being kind to yourself by putting healthy foods into your body and exercising to make it a strong body too. Plus the confidence boost in knowing you can commit to a goal and follow it through.
By the way, my word verification is "ammen." Amen!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats....I believe kids must be fed with the right stuff too which will help them stay active and alert .Quality decisions must be made if we are to take charge of our kids health. I got rid of our bad food habits by making the commitment that every piece of food I feed my kids would be a conscious decision. Are you in constant battle with your child about food? Are you concerned about health and weight of your child? I am a mom who was in constant battle to feed my kid right food, then I found an useful resource "Feeding your Kids" program which has worked wonders for me.

Just sign up free for this program on http://www.habitchanger.com/retail/feedingyourkids/
and find out the best ideas of how to feed your child healthy foods.