Saturday, August 15, 2009

Daddy Nut is NOT Coming Home!


At least not until he is done with his training. If you remember last week, I reported that Ben had fractured his hip bone and might have to come home.

However, I got a call from him on Sunday, and he is doing better. In fact he no longer has a fractured hip. Now, I know what you are thinking, "What the heck?! How can that be!?"

Well, before I say anything more, I just want to point out that there are two things I don't like to discuss in detail on this blog: Politics and Religion. Mainly because I want this to be a place everyone feels comfortable. I hate contention that can arise from bringing this stuff up. Now, I am not ashamed of my beliefs, I just don't want that to be the focus of THIS blog... I have other blogs I write about these things.

Now, that said, back to Ben. Let's just say he was healed, and the doctors are completely mystified. He is currently training his heart out and running around like nothing ever happened.

That's the update, folks!! Two more weeks and Ben is done with Basic Training!!! Yay!!

I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!
Photobucket

One last thing, if you REALLY want to know the whole story, even if there is religion involved, you can pop on over to this site and read the whole story.

10 comments:

Jill said...

I am glad that Ben recovered and is doing better. Prayer really does work. :)

shannon said...

So wonderful about Ben's hip! Do you have your other blogs listed somewhere?

Mama Nut said...

I have some blogs I do under my private stuff. A Few of them are public but I don't advertise them.

Mostly I promote this one, and "Cat Spills the Beans". But there are a few others I contribute to as well, if you are interested in checking them out, you can email me and I will send you the links.

shannon said...

Religion intrigues me as I am just learning. I would like to any of the blogs you would like to share.
shaberry04@yahoo.com thanks!

by the way~ your children are adorable!!!

Steph @ Diapers and Divinity said...

Awesome. Great news.

Our Family said...

I'm so glad Ben's broken leg is healed.

Tobi said...

Hurray for Ben! I'm so happy that he is able to finish Basic. Like I said before it would be really hard to get back in that mindset once you've left for a while.

You have secret blogs? Please divulge secret blogs forthwith!

Cynthia said...

I'm so glad he got the little miracle he needed to keep going.

I also don't talk religion or politics on my blog though I do a lot of it elsewhere. I'm not a 'wear it on your sleave' religious type so I feel weird talking it on my blog- except in this type of circumstance. Awesome!

I'm also heavily involved in State an National politics but you'll never read about that on my blog either! I don't want to attract the mean politicos to my 'internet living room'. Leave that in it's place.

Pam said...

What great news! I'm so happy to hear that Ben is healed and can finish Basic Training on time.

On another note, I appreciate that you don't discuss religion or politics on this blog. I made the same decision about my blog, for the same reason. I want EVERYONE to feel comfortable when they visit my blog. Plus I feel as though my views are personal and private. Anyway, I appreciate the welcoming and friendly atmosphere on your blog.

Single Mama NYC said...

The power of prayer -- truly wondrous!!!