Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tidbits and Randomness

One month yesterday, Ben left us for the BC(Boot Camp). Down 1 month, 7 more to go! Now, that wasn't too bad, was it?! No, actually, it went by relatively quick, thanks to all my family and friends and blogging pals. It has been an amazing journey these last few weeks. Talk about self-discovery! I have learned a lot about myself and what I want to do with my life and my talents. I have gained a greater love for my Ben, and realized there was so much about him I took for granted. I think him being away has been really good for us. I know he is loving me more then ever, and I think he is growing a lot of patience for the boys. All great things.

This weekend we are heading down to our small town to visit the family for a few days. Fingers crossed that I will be faithful on my diet plan! Anyway, it's a holiday here in Utah, and our town holds a big party and parade. I can't wait to take the boys, I think they will love it. So coming next week, I will report on how it went... and hopefully come back with some funny stories of small town life. I think we will even be there for a family reunion or two. Those ALWAYS make for good stories!

As for comments today, I want to know about your best/worst/ or funniest family reunion. Come on, we've all had 'em! Also, if you can't think of anything to post on your blog today, blog about a family reunion, and come back and leave us a link!

So long folks, we are off!
Photobucket

One more thing! Thanks everyone for all your sweet, sweet comments yesterday! They totally made my day!

11 comments:

Practically Perfect... said...

I've been to 2 family reunions, and the only one I really remember was the last one. At that time, we had to drive about 5 hours to get to it, and my mom had made this really pretty sheet cake with frosting for a dessert. It was covered with saran wrap and on the floor of the van, but it wasn't secured very well. It ended up sliding towards the back, and my little sister accidentally stepped in it! She didn't step down all the way - just enough to leave an impression. The cake was still fine, because the saran wrap was covering it, but I just remember nobody wanting to take a piece of the cake with the footprint in it!

DaveandRuth said...

The sad thing about me is that I come from a small family, so family reunions are nonexistant. Have a wonderful time at yours!

Our Family said...

I just typed out a description of a game the women played at a family reunion when I was 6 or 7. I decided to erase it, though, because the description was just as disturbing as my memory of it. :o)

Note to self: One's ability to recognize potentially embarrassing behavior is lessened when female relatives get together.

Tobi said...

My last family reunion in Colorado was I believe the worst ever. I enjoyed seeing my family and we did have a lot of fun. But the family reunion ended on a very sour note. The last day of the reunion my Mom started yelling and cursing at my 10 year old niece Xandra because my Mom felt Xandra was being ungrateful. My niece Xandra left in tears and vowed never to visit my Mom again. It's been a month now and Xandra has stuck to her word. My Mom thinks Xandra will "get over her huff" and call soon. UGH! I honestly can't see my Mom's side in this at all. Sorry this isn't a funny family reunion moment to share. But it's been weighing on me.

Meagan and John said...

well since my mom remarried I can remember attending 1 real family reunion, it was my step dad's dead wifes family we were reunioning with--kind of weird specially since kids I went to school with that weren't nice to me at all were there--parents just don't understand what it is like to be a teenager, I felt so out of place, but then again when do you feel like you fit in when you are a teenager.

will have to post about it later at www.mommysdashboardconfessions.blogspot.com

Meagan and John said...

I must say though how jeaulous I am, that you get to go to Kanosh for the 24th, I always loved that, as a little kid we use ot go ot liberty park and have our family reunion there for the 24th, but then after my parents seperated we stopped going there and my mom started taking us to Kanosh's celebration, needless to say when I lived in salt lake I went to liberty park one summer and was so diappointed, Kanosh has it going on--unfortunately we don't even celebrate the 24th here in Texas (it should be a national holiday i tell you) but I will get to go to Bunco--so I gues it isn't a complete loss

Jill said...

I was about 8 or 9 and we were attending my mom's dad's side. Make sense? Anyway, one of my relatives looked really pregnant so I asked her when she was due. I can still remember my mom's mortified face and I got ushered to the side of the room. And I received sound advice that I still adhere to today. You don't ask a woman when she is due until she's stated that she's indeed pregnant. I've always felt bad about what I said. I've had it said to me and it isn't fun.

Mama Nut said...

Jill -- that so happened to me!! Except I was at the receiving end. I was sitting there holding a 5 month old Sam and one of Ben's cousins walked up to me and asked me when I was due. I just smiled and said, "About 5 months ago." She then saw Sam and almost died with mortification. I just laughed and told her not to worry, that I still really did have a mama belly. It was actually pretty funny.

ThatMommy! said...

yay you! for being such a good wife :) and sticking to your diet this weekend ... u GOT this girlie!!!!!!

Lydia said...

I just got home from one that I really enjoyed and hadn't blogged about it yet, so today was the day.
Sun Sand and wind. come check it out.
http://babiesandbags.blogspot.com/

Rocksee said...

have a great time home!

oxox