Saturday, July 18, 2009

Overnight Stakeouts and the Gas Chamber

Ben called me on Saturday night. He told me that finally receiving my letters lifted his spirits. He is now Mr. Popular because he gets the most mail -- mostly from me -- but I guess getting letters gives you status. Too funny!

I have been printing off my posts and comments and sending them to him. He says the guys love it when he reads them out loud. Who would have thought? I have a little following of soldiers... too cool!

Here is a little excerpt from his most recent letter:

"They're keeping us really busy here. That's why I haven't had time to write. I've also been really busy doing all the work the other guys either can't figure out or flat out won't do. Like sweeping the floor instead of just pushing around the dirt, and doing hospital corners on the bed.
"You'll love it when I come home, and keep the house clean just because it will drive me nuts (It's about time!).
"Looking at the pictures really makes me miss you and the boys. Keep them coming though, they're great! It makes me feel like I'm not missing out completely while I am gone.
"I'll be doing the gas chamber and the overnight stake out this week. It should be fun!"

Now, I don't know about you, but the gas chamber doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me... and it doesn't look at all like these guys are having fun:
You wouldn't believe how many videos of the gas chamber are on YouTube... crazy.

While I was looking for a good gas chamber clip, I watched a few graduations and family days and it almost made me wish I could go... actually, it made my heart sink low that I can't go. Oh, well. That's what happens when you have two little bundles of err... "joy" to take care of and no money for travel... bummer.

Enough of woe is me! Have an awesome weekend!!!


Photobucket


...and one last word. I just want to apologize for my lack of creative funniness. It is really hard to get inspiration when my inspiration is in South Carolina. Ben makes me what I am. He keeps me going. It has been really hard to come up with stuff without him around. But I am going to do some serious brainstorming this weekend, so I hope you will come back next week for some more of my nuttiness!

6 comments:

Practically Perfect... said...

Awww, that is so cute that you print out your posts and send them to him :-) I'll bet he really appreciates getting all of the mail, too!

C.J. Keller, said...

I love your posts foremost because they are both real and sweet. You have a great way of writing in which you could probably entertain me just by describing the dust on your tv screen. (not that your tv screen has any dust, or little fingerprints, of course)
I like to cope and find the lighter side of my day through humor too, but sometimes I just don't feel like it. That's being real. And all your friends out here get that.

Meagan and John said...

CAT, WE LOVE YOU!!!!! (now just picture I am screaming that at the top of my lungs in a large group of people)

Tobi said...

The more mail you get the more cool points you accrue. It's the same way if you go to Iraq. Whoever gets the most packages in Iraq wins. I don't know what they win. But they get a lot of "Dang Man your woman must love you to send you so much stuff."

Our Family said...

I had no idea about the letter and package competition. Good to know, though. Poor, Ben. That gas chamber looks awful. I agree with the others; I like all of your posts. Of course I love your hilarious ones, but I also enjoy reading about day to day happenings and how you guys deal with everything.

Jill said...

It is funny you mention the popularity with the letters. Sounds exactly like how it was when my husband was at the MTC. (Well, he wasn't my husband then, but you know what I mean.) I'm glad Ben is doing well.

It will sure be fun to see you tomorrow!