Saturday, July 4, 2009

Nothing to Report

Photobucket


For my Daddy Saturday update, I am sad to say I have nothing to report. No letter yet. No phone call this week. Everyone has told me that that is pretty much how it is! I was hoping I would get a letter today, but since it is the 4th of July, I figure there is no mail coming my way. Oh, well.

I do want to wish everyone a very happy Independence Day. I hope we can all take a moment or two to be thankful for our freedoms and for the hundreds of thousands of men and women who gave their lives so we could have the right to make our own choices.

I love this country. I love my freedom. And I am so proud of my dear husband for the sacrifices he is making to help make us a little safer.



*One last thing!!* If you have written a post today, honoring this Independence day, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to read it! So please leave a comment with the link so I can come on over!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Our Family said...

I'm sorry you haven't heard from Ben this week. I'm sure you will soon. Happy Independence Day!

P.S. I love your blinkies!

Practically Perfect... said...

Sorry you don't have anything to report :-( My little brother is in Iraq right now and I talked him via G-chat this morning - so good to be able to do so on 4th of July! I'm very thankful for all of our servicemen and servicewomen!

It's not much of a 4th of July post, but here it is!
http://chrisandjennytucker.blogspot.com/2009/07/have-happy-yummy-4th-of-july.html

Kelly Dawn said...

yep i made a post this morning about the 4th but it is a short one :)

but it is one.... :)

Kelly

Unknown Mami said...

Happy 4th! I'm sure Ben is sending you lots of love and that doesn't need a post man to be delivered.

Farmer*swife said...

I did. It's titled, "Living the Dream." It's more about how blessed I am and realizing that we are living the future we wanted for ourselves and our family 10 years ago.

But, we wouldn't be able to do that if we didn't live in our wonderful Country. And, so my Living the Dream was my lead in but I ended with the love of our country.

I'm so proud for your family and your husband and even your own sacrifice for him to go into the military. Because it is a sacrifice from you too...

I think about you and your family and husband when the news is talking about all that is going on over seas. Currently, my husband's life long friend is on his second tour in Iraq.

He's an officer... He had to leave the wife, a teenager and two toddlers for this tour. So hard.

You hang tight... And, Happy 4th of July to you....

ThatMommy! said...

I'm sure you'll hear from him soon:) Have a great weekend!

Single Mama NYC said...

Awww, hang in there, Cat. You'll hear from him soon. Just know that he's thinking of you and the boys, and is doing everything he's doing for the three of you. He loves you and he'll see you soon (not soon enough, I know - but soon!).