Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Losing Faith and Celebrating!

Ever since all this stuff starting happening with Ben and the Army, I haven't been able to blog a lot and get out there and promote my site. Slowly, and sadly, I have seen my numbers of readers dwindle and fade. Why? I don't know, mostly I think I have only been really visiting those who comment on here. A few blogs a day is all I have time for before my kids start doing naughty things in the other room.

So, I decided today, that I wasn't going to wait until I have 200 readers to start promoting your blogs. In honor of losing a few followers this last week, I am starting today! And for the kick off of my oh so original award that is going to be most coveted, I am going to feature 2 blogs this week.

What does my blog feature entail? You ask yourself. Well, here's what you get.

1. A feature post on 4 Nuts in a Nutshell. I know, it really isn't a big deal, but one day when I am famous... LOL.
2. A special spot on my side bar for 2 weeks!
3. You receive this original, one of a kind award, are you ready? Drum roll.....
Photobucket
I know what you are thinking! What an awesome award! Everyone is going to want one! And if your blog has one you will be super cool. The great thing about this, is you don't pass it on, you can only get it here. And when you receive this treat, I will put a link in it to the post on here where you won it.

How can you win this award? Just pop on by here and comment every once in a while, that's it! When I have time to read blogs, I read the ones of my commenters first.

Okay, okay, I know you are all just dying to know which of you get The Golden Nut first.

It was a hard choice to pick my first two winners. But I decided to give this to two of my new friends that have been here from the beginning and helped me get going.

The Golden Nut goes to:

Rocksee over at:

Photobucket
Rocksee has been a true buddy these past couple months. Always there to leave a kind word. She's been super busy lately because she is moving from the central states to Alaska! Can you believe that!? She's up for a great adventure! I love reading Rocksee's blog because she is really funny and has a great outlook on life. She's positive even when she thinks she's whining and complaining. I love having friends like Rocksee!

The second Golden Nut goes to:

Krista at:
Creative Blog Designs
How can I not give one to one of my fellow military wives who started reading me before I joined their ranks?! Krista is great! She has given me great advice many times about being a sometimes-single mom. She also has a really fun blog I enjoy reading.... even if I am not on her "People she wishes she knew" list. LOL, totally kidding, Krista.

So, show your love and go check these gals out, you won't be disappointed!

I just want you to know, that I love you all, and I actually have a list of you who I want to feature in the future. And a warm cyber-hug to those of you who have private blogs that I would love to give a little attention to, but I know that isn't what you want :) Know that I still care!

Have a great day everyone!
Photobucket

19 comments:

Cynthia said...

I wouldn't take the 'loss' of readers as cause for concern. It's summer and most Mama's have less time available for blogging etc. If I weren't an insomniac, I wouldn't comment nearly as much as I do on blogs. 1:00 am is the time of day I can sit quietly and read. Not so much when the kids are around. Once school starts...

The 'Golden Nut' is hilarious! Cool award!

Rocksee said...

Cat!
Honey!
You are too adorable.

Thank you for the blog love! I love visiting you and silly sammy and crazy nephi!

I am so proud of you for how strong you are being with ben being gone. it will get easier!

LOVES!

Barb said...

I must admit I lol at this crazy Nut award. How do you come up with them?

Maricel said...

Usually I have a lot of readers when I first visit their blogs and comment, but if I'm busy, usually I get few traffic as well... Hmm... Oh well, I guess that's how blog traffic goes. =P

By the way, I came from Mommy Blogger Directory. Doing some blog hoppin'. I'm also looking for some link or button exchanges as well, care for one?

Maricel --- Momhood Moments

Pam said...

First, that is an AWESOME award. Love it!

Second, don't be too disappointed about your traffic being down. I think it usually does slow in the summer. Plus, didn't your posts stop updating on Google Reader for a couple of weeks. That will do it. (Just ask me. I'm having the same problem right now).

Third, congrats to the recipients!

Tobi said...

This is much better than a "blogger of note" award. Pshaw!

Practically Perfect... said...

I am so impressed! You are always so busy, and to take the time to feature people on your blog is really sweet :-) The award title cracks me up, too!

Andrea (ace1028) said...

That is too cute! Love the graphic for the award. I love your blog, so please, don't worry about the traffic slowing down (says someone who just got her 10th follower yesterday! Woo hoo!) You're my idol with your triple digits, lady!

blueviolet said...

Summer numbers are down for everyone. This is my first summer blogging but this is what my pallies are saying.

Give it another month and when the kids hit school, everyone's numbers will go back up.

Catherine Metz said...

Catherine - does one have to post here for it to count - as I haven't been doing that. I thought by just viewing it would count. Let me know. I never miss a column. Lova ya. Aunt Kay

Our Family said...

That golden nut award is SWEET! Congrats to the recipients. I don't know why the numbers are down, but I always love your blog!

Steph @ Diapers and Divinity said...

Look at you, sharing the love at your time of great (blog) loss. :) And in the form of large metallic squirrel food! You're a champ by all counts.

Kritta22 said...

Thank you! Thank you.

I'd like to thank my hbby and kid fir being the source of most of my material. And of course the little people, yes thank you too!!

Hahaha

thanks for award!! You are a superstar for being a military wife!

I think it's kinda ironic that I'm leaving Alaska for the lower 48 and rocksee is coming up here!!

Love it!! Thanks again

Mama Nut said...

No, Aunt Kay, you don't have to comment for it to count. I go by my feed reads, how many stop by and read :)

Krista -- I didn't realize that you and Rocksee were coming and going from Alaska -- that's pretty funny!

Jill said...

I think blogging is just slow for the summer. I know I'm out and about a lot.

Love the Golden Nut winners. Congrats!

DaveandRuth said...

I think some people are really only into the "fun" blogs, so when real things start happening they lose interest. I love my blog, because it helps with dealing with feelings that might come up. Especially with my daughter, who provides challenges everyday. As well as her sister who has decided to mimmic her behavoir. They tell me she will out grow it.

HTF said...

Loss of readers?! Those are just the crazy ones u didn't want anyway. I will admit to coveting the Golden Nut Trophy (but mostly just because I like saying 'Golden Nut Trophy). Congrats as always on a stupendous blog! Keep it up - you have many loyal fans!!

Single Mama NYC said...

You are so creative - I absolutely LOVE the Golden Nut Award! Lol, too cute! You are just great, do you know that? I hope you do.

Amy said...

OK.. the golden nut!! Just about dies Cat... you crack me up :)