Thursday, July 30, 2009

Feeling Very Unfunny

How can I be funny today when I pulled my groin muscle. There just isn't anything funny about that... not even the way I am walking sideways around the house tonight. Or even the placement of my icepack. Just not funny.

Nor is it funny that Sam has been laughing at my efforts to catch him. Or that it hurts to put my pants on...

What do you do when you pull your groin muscle?! Pop Ibuprofen and Tylenol? Heating pad? What? How did I pull it? You really want to know? Well, I'm not telling. No, seriously. Why? Because it just isn't funny and I know you will laugh. No, I wasn't trying to do the splits, duh, with my figure? Please. No, I didn't pull it when I slipped on those Spaghetti'o's either.

Okay, fine. I'll tell you. But you have to pinkie swear with your mouse cord that you won't laugh. That includes you too, Jill. Got that! NO LAUGHING.

Okay, remember when I told you my Wii Fit doesn't like me.... (click here if you missed that one) Well, let's just say that my old enemy"The Tree Pose" finally did me in.
Actually, I looked more like this...
I was doing alright until I lost my balance... it might have been okay had I chosen to give up and put my leg down... but instead I just waved it in the air trying to keep my balance. And well, I waved it too high and... let's just say at least my butt is still cushy enough to break a fall. Now, I can't quite remember the exact moment I pulled the muscle. Sometime between losing my balance and falling... but like most accidents, I have some kind of amnesia about the fall. Oh, well.

So, as you can tell, I am just NOT a funny person today. I am a mope. For the rest of the day, I am going to sit around, eat oranges and nuts (all the snacks I am allowed on my diet), feel bad for myself, nurse my injuries, curse Ben for deserting me, and pray my kids will stay out of my way trouble.
Photobucket

17 comments:

Florida Girl In Sydney said...

Pardon my French but that Wii trainer is a real biotch. I can't believe she did this to you.

And even if you thought you weren't being funny today, anytime you say groin you surely give people a giggle, right?

Tera said...

I'm not laughing hysterically right now. Nope! I'm not laughing so hard that I almost cannot type this message. Okay, forgive me, but that is freakin' hilarious. Thanks for the smile.

In all seriousness, I hope you feel better quickly. Take care!

Jill said...

I'm not laughing. I promise. Pulling a muscle hurts. Especially face muscles and side muscles and belly muscles. All from laughing. Sorry. I tried. ;)

Sanya said...

I had to break my silent reader stance and leave a comment! OK i am not laughing because of your injuries.. i hope you feel better soon..i still cant get that tree pose right in Wii, where for all others it says i am advanced..i think its just rigged...but your pictures are dam cute and gave me a much needed laugh at work..

Tobi said...

Groin equals immature giggling in my book.

I'm sorry about your injury. I hope you get better soon and you'll get back to fencing with your arch enemy quickly.

My verification word is tense. How appropriate is that!!

Heather aka (the not SO) SuperMommy said...

I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing with you. really.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Thank you so much for your amazing and sweet comment on my blog yesterday... What love to send to my inbox! I love it when a connection is made over my son's issues and someone else's struggles. What precious gifts our little ones are!

I'll be back to visit your blog soon. Take care and thanks again,
Sasha

Andrea (ace1028) said...

Oh, OW. I'm sorry your Tree Pose did you in. It's one of my faves! I would stick w. some Advil (if you can take it) or Aleve if you need something more powerful. They seem to work wonders on muscle related issues!

Multiple personalities.. said...

Oh my goodness, you poor thing! Cure the evil Wii fit for making you do that dangerous pose! Feel better dear..and I promise I'm not laughing, because I've nursed a groin muscle before, and it REALLY sucks. Hope you're up and running again soon.

Pam said...

I have to admit I did laugh. Not at you and your injury, but at your stick drawing of you with your leg up in the air. Now THAT is funny. Anyway, I hope you are feeling better soon and that your kids are staying out of trouble. {{hugs}}

Tammy said...

Ok. I won't laugh. Nope. Uh-uh. Well...maybe a little giggle.

{jordan} said...

I'm completely calm right now. You're right- that is not funny, there is no way that I would bust a gut with laughter, or giggle as I type this, as your words go over and over in my head.... Yep. Completely Calm.

Woman- you really do make my day- so in return, I have an award for you- come get it!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

The wii hates me too.

Our Family said...

I love your stick figures! I hope you're feeling better soon.

Amber Lynae said...

LOL... oh wait I'm not supposed to laugh but you have to remember my mouse is wireless there was not cord to pinky swear with. Sorry....
actually not funny, painful. I hope your day is ok. And you little drawing are funny. You are a cutie.

Single Mama NYC said...

Awww, sweetie -- I'm so sorry you got hurt. Hope the pain goes away pronto.
xoxo

Meagan and John said...

at least you have a cute story to tell, a few years ago when I had to go to the Doctor and call in sick to work because of a sprained leg (yes, my entire leg) all I had to tell them is not to step on a CD organizer that is on a tile floor--I was suppose to take the whole week off but it was bad enough telling the person I called into, I didn't want to have to explain to everyone else where I had been so I returned to work early--since I didn't give it time to rest and heal correctly I am still pleagued by the pain, so hopefully you heal fast cause I do know how little boys are when they know you can't catch them. (by the way I only stepped on the CD holder while I was running through the apartment chasing my son, after stepping on it, my left leg went back, my right leg went forward, and to be truthfully honest, after it happeed I was certain I was going to have to convince my (at the time) 2 yr old son to get mommy the phone so I could call 911 and have a few buff firemen come and assist me up, cause once an unfit mommy lands in the splits position there ain't no getting out of it on your own, until your son finds the knife and outlet and suddenly the adrenalin kicks in and so I didn't have to call 911 after all